Thread: What time does you bub nap through the day?

Default What time does you bub nap through the day?

My DS has never been big on napping!! I am trying to get him into a nap routine but its just not happening!
    What age is your baby, and what times does he/she go down for a nap?

Aidyn is just over 2, and he goes down for his nap at around 12pm, and will sleep for between 1.5 and 2 hours.

When he was 1, I think he was going down at 10am, and also at around 3pm.
    He was always a sleepy boy though, so maybe your DS doesnt require as much sleep. Are you trying to put him down for 1 or 2 naps per day? Have you tried wearing him out before nap time, as in doing something physical like going outside for a play/walk/run? I find this helps tire out my DS really quickly.

In the past month Maggie has moved from 2 sleeps to 1. She has that one nap about 1pm. Sometimes she will sleep for 45 minutes and other times for up to 2 hours. I just follow her leads and I find that she herself has picked her nap times.

Great idea Astrid. Matilda has never been a sleepy baby and we have tried HEAPS. We knew she needed a nap because without it she gets very very cranky & tantrums more. So she went to 1 sleep around 13 months (which the MCHN said was too early but... it was right for us) She still at 2 has her 1 sleep a day & sleeps between 1-2 hours.

Our son is 2, and is happy to have a nap following lunch for about 3 hours! he likes his sleep, and sleeps for 11 or 12 hours at night, too.

Our daughter is 8 months, and has never been big on sleeping, in the night or day. She has a morning nap at about 9:15am, for as little as 20 minutes, or as long as 1 and a half hours, and then goes down about 1pm for about the same amount of time ?(usually no more than an hour). If she needs it, she'll have a little nap around 4:30pm - 5:00pm (if she hasn't slept much at all for the rest of the day).

Ally, my little one is the same age as yours. He has one 2-3 hour sleep during the day, usually from 11am. Kynan has actually been consistently having only 1 day sleep since he was around 8.5 months - couldn't get him to sleep well day or night with 2 sleeps!

Mackenzie has just turned 2 and she ususally goes to sleeps at 12.45pm and sleeps for 1.5 to 2 hours. I cut her back from 2 sleeps to 1 when she was about 15 months old.

Olivia is 2.5, and has a nap at about 1pm for about 2.5 hours......she is a champion sleeper....but she also "needs" the sleep......if we ever skip her nap, she is VILE all afternoon!

Charlie is 11 months and is moving into the one nap zone......he is buggered by around 11.30am and goes down at about midday for a couple of hours......he yawns his head off, but doesn't get cranky......

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma normally has 2-3 naps, shes nearly 10 months. I follow her leads as to when she wants to go down. Sometimes its really early in the morning like 8-9am and others its more around lunchtime then again sometime in the afternoon. I just follow her tired signs. Shes never really been big on sleep so only sleeps for 30mins to an hour normally.