Thread: What time does your baby go to bed?

Default What time does your baby go to bed?

Our DS used to go to bed at 6pm and would fall off to sleep quite nicely after I fed him. This no longer happens. We have to rock him for awhile to get to sleep now and he's not going down till around 7:30pm. I used to like the 6pm thing because it gave me more of a break to wind down before I went to bed. The last few nights he's been having a nap at about 4pm for 30 mins which is probably contributing. Just wondering what times other bubs go to bed and what the time of their previous sleep was and for how long. Our DS is 5 months.

When my kids were babies they usually went at 7pm. Well they would have a bottle at 7 and then drop off to sleep. Both of mine did this but now it's a completely different story! Mine also used to go for their nap about 3pm for an hour. Hope this helps!

Emma was always quite a late sleeper, often having a sleep at around 7pm, but then having an hour or 2 awake time before bed again after that

She now goes to bed at 8:30pm

DS is 4 months and he's going to bed between 7 and 7.30. He usually catnaps on and off from about 5pm.

Nina is just over 5 months and used to go to bed at 6pm as well, now, like you, it's a little harder and she doesn't normally go to bed till around 7.30, after some rocking though. She too is having a nap at around 3.30/4pm, which as much as I try to stop, she's just too tired and needs it. Maybe it's just at this age they're trying to figure out what they want ... I dunno??

Hi
    Little Jacob goes to bed about 8:30. He has a sleep at about 4 or 5 for half hour to an hour and then we keep him up for a couple of hours till feed time and he has his 'dinner' and goes off to sleep with a bit of coaxing after that.
    He is still having 3 sleeps a day... one in the morning... one at midday/afternoon and one in the late arvo/early evening...
    When he goes to sleep at night he sleeps through till 6:30 in the morning... he may wake up for a grizzle but easily goes back to sleep with his dummy and a rock of the bassinet.
    We are pickign up his cot this week so that may be a different story yet!!

good luck
    xo

DD is 4 months and goes to sleep around 6.30pm and wakes at 6am. DS was a late sleeper and still is going to bed around 8.30pm but unfortunatly waking at 5.30 6am.

Ellie

NewmumLou Guest

Joshua has a cat nap too at 4pm for 1 hour then he will go back to bed at around 8:00pm after dinner, a wash and some custard!

Fee Guest

Cooper goes to bed between 6.00 pm and 6.30 pm. He doesn't usually have a nap from about 3.00 pm onwards.

Charlie goes to bed at 8.30 evernight and gets up at about 7am.
    He still has a 1/2 hour nap at about 5pm

Ash goes to sleep bout 8ish depending on time of last sleep. I don't let her sleep past 6pm or I know she won't settle at 8.

I have 6 kids and have found that if they don't have a sleep during the day then they usually go to bed bout 8.30pm, however if they have a nap anytime between 2-4 then they will stay awake til midnight!Mind you that is with my older ones(10yrs-4yrs), my younger ones(Bella and Pat) will go to sleep around 8.30 most nights.

Tori is going to bed between 8:30-9:30 and sleeping through untill 5 ish when she comes into bed with us. She is still having 3 sleeps aday as well one in the morning one in the middle of the day and one late arvo early evening. I am trying to slowly move her routine a little sothat she is going to bed a little earlier because I feel like by the time she is in bed I am ready for sleep to, so I get nothing done and not much time to spend with DH in the evening. Having said that though she has only started sleeping through in the last week and I would hate to upset that, because I am quite enjoying not having to get up in the middle of hte night anymore.