Thread: What time to put toddler to bed??

Default What time to put toddler to bed??

My DD is 20 mnths old and has always been a great sleeper. We have just welcomed home a baby sister and of course DD#1 is somewhat unsettled by this and sleep time has become an issue. Normally she is in bed from 6pm-6.30pm and will sleep through til 6.30am-8am depending on obviously how tired she is. She generally has a nap at lunch time from about 11.30-12 and will sleep for anything up to 3hrs (2hrs is pretty standard) Getting her to go down has never been an issue b4 but since DD#2 it's just plain hard work. I am beginning to wonder if maybe i am expecting her to sleep too much so just wondering time do you put your toddler to bed? Do you think this is too much sleep for her?

My 20 month old is up at 7, day nap from 1 - 3 and bed again at 7. he does it like clockwork! I give DS the full half hour before bed as undivided attention and he goes off great! Good luck...

My DD is roughly the same age as yours and has very similar sleeing pattern, although she doenst usually go down to bed untill she has been up for at least 5 hours. Most days she is up between 6-7am, has a midday nap for 2-3 hours and goes back to bed between 7:30-8:30. We find that if she is not tired enough she simply wont go to sleep, so rather than fight her we leave her a little later and she goes off quite well.
    I am expecting No. 2 in a few weeks so it might all go out of the window.

wow - i'm envious of all that sleep! My oldest is a great sleeper but my youngest isn't quite so good - although not bad.
    They both have a bath at 6.30 then milk and story in bed at 7 - 7.15 then Will usually goes straight to sleep and Oscar keeps the book and is alowed to keep his light on until 7.30 - 7.45pm. They usually sleep through till around 6am and will have a nap in the afternoon from around 1 til 3.
    i guess #1 is all justa little unsettled with the new arrival so hopefully she will settle back into her routine for you soon. Good luck

Julie x