Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of personality does your baby/child have?

Default What type of personality does your baby/child have?

I really love hearing about how everyone's kiddies personalities are so unique..... and am curious whether your childs nature/personality changed dramatically as they got older, or if they have retained the same sort of nature/personality since they were a little baby?

Aidyn has been a placid little boy from the very beginning. He began to sleep through pretty early on, and never cried that much. He took his time with learning to sit and to crawl, and loved to sit back and watch people and things, rather than go out and be involved in it.
    As he has gotten older he still has retained his very placid and easygoing nature, and he is also very cautious and careful (sometimes I wonder if he is too cautious) about doing something new, especially physcial activities. He has a wicked sense of humour, and can be very cheeky. He is SO sensitive though, and whenever we tell him 'no' or use a stern voice or an angry/sad face, he will get very upset and distraught and come and give us a cuddle. But apart from that he is very blokey and spends all day playing with cars or trains, or looking at his picture books that have cars and trucks in them, LOL.

So please feel free to share with us what your little one is like....

Ashlea was born with a very strong, determined and stubborn personality!
    She is exactly like me, and i am exactly like my dad (which isnt a real good thing)
    From a very young age she was an independent little monster, and made a point of doing everything early. She rolled at 2 1/2 months, army crawled at 5 months and was crawling and sitting up alone at 6 months.
    She never ever slows down, and runs around like a mad chook all day!
    She is very advanced when it comes to writing and setting her mind to little tasks, and she has knows from a young age exactly what she wants.
    She was refusing bottles by 6 months and drank her milk from a sipper cup, was out of the high chair and sitting at a little table at 8 months cause she would sit and eat better there than the high chair. She hated the pram from 4 months and always prefered the baby harness so she could see what she was doing. Sleeping was never easy cause she was always too busy to sleep!
    Now i love it cause she is so into doing things for herself, she loves to help out with house work, dishes, vacuuming and i can ask her to put the washing machine on and she does it herself! Puts the powder in, turns the machine on etc!!
    She loves life and loves learning things and doing 'big girl stuff'
    I guess part of it is my personality coming out, half is the way she was bought up. She was having coffee with us girls from 5 days old and is so well known at our coffee house now my all the staff!!
    She was certainly never placid and quiet!
    Its sometimes tricky cause she is so much like me, and i have to stop and think how i am with things, and let her do things her way cause thats how i like things to be done!
    Shes a little social butterfly with her tight little group of friends and is very confident.
    Sometimes our too similar personalities clash, but at the same time she is so full of love and affection and tells me every single day more than once or twice how much she loves me

Pietta Guest

LOL Ashlea sounds just like Ryley. Ryley has always been independant even from little baby!!

He now likes to do EVERYTHING himself and lets us know what he wants in no uncertain terms- eg. he went and pulled his pram out and pulled it to where we were and went and sat in it and said WALK!! LOL

He is 16 months and already pulls his nappy down and says poos when he is dirty- he is trying to climb out of his cot and i am sure would love to live at day care!!
    He loves to CLIMB on everything atm and likes to copy everything you say and then use it in context!! He loves to say- Bye bye Daddy to everyone who is leaving

He is just like me unfortunatly so i know i am going to have trouble around the teen years!!

Well when Lily was little and couldn't really do much she was very very gentle and placid. Now at 13 months, it's getting hard to keep up with her lol. She is sooo active. Loves jumping around on us. She does this funny thing where she'll dive on us, like a tackle, or she'll head dive into our bed and we'll catch her at the last minute and she'll laugh her head off, we've made a game out of it now.

She loves to play peek-a-boo, we start off with lifting the sheet to cover out face and then lower it and say 'peek-a-boo' then she'll take the sheet and do the same thing, with us saying peek-a-boo, over and over and over until i'm tired of saying it lol. She just goes crazy all time but hardly has a decent nap.

It's a wonder she doesn't bruise a lot because she's always bashing into things, quite hard, but she just get up and continues like nothing's happened. She quite strong too, the boys better watch out if they **** her off lol! I really have never known such an active toddler.

Although she isn't that independent, she's getting there. But at least one of us has to be with her at all times. She used to scream if we left the room, but now she just follows us all around the house.

I'm not sure how she is with other toddlers, so can't say if she's shy or not. But we'll be moving back to Newcastle soon, so i'll be taking her to Gymbaroo so she can have a social life! But i don't think that'd be a problem. Just worried she may a bit rough with them!

Pee, Lily LOVED to take her nappy off, she has the most cheekiest grin on her face when she does it too. I reckon she is going to be very cheeky when she's growing up!

She's starting to also get onto her knees, put her arms up and reach for us to pick her up, which i love, its so cute.

If i had to put her personaliy into only a few words, it'd be something like, very cheeky but very cute. She'll be a terror, then look at you with her big blue eyes and long eyelashes and you just melt!

My three all have very different personalities.

Lindsay is exactly like Aidyn in his personality and is the strong silent type. he is also very clever mechanically.

Erin was born screaming and didn't stop for 5 months. She was crawling at 4.5 mths and walking at 9mths, she could talk in sentences by 18mths (and never shuts up BTW!!) She is our little extrovert. She is always singing and dancing and very headstrong, but also very caring.

Paige is the criminal mastermind of the family. A very sweet placid baby and is still quite placid, but is always thinking and has a quick firy temper. She doesn't talk much yet, but is always doing stuff and trying to get stuff. If you can't hear her - you'd better look for her b/c she's into something.

Pee, Ashlea was climbing out of her cot at 18 months, so she moved into a big girl bed a week later. She looked wayyyy too small to be in a big bed!!!

jackson is a complex little bub, sometimes i joke and say he has multiple personality disorder (strange sense of humor i know!) he just has so many different "Jacksonisms"

In one day he can be all quiet and placid and suck on his nonnie for hours, then all of a sudden he will spit it out and just start squealing as loud as he can which he thinks is hillarious! he is an extremely curious bub and has been alert from the day he was born. he looks at everything and wants to touch everything and tries so hard to do things like rolling or sitting and crawling when he can't do them he gets frustrated and starts growling!

he is just like his daddy in that he constantly wants to be occupied and gets bored so easily - very high maintenance! when we do things that he thinks are funny he laughs so hysterically we have to stop him because he starts to almost hyperventilate and has tears rolling down his face!

he loves attention from strangers, when we go out he just stares and almost wills them to look at him and if they so much as glance at them he gives them the hugest smiles!

Ambah, Aidyn just sounds like the sweetest little boy!!!

I have wondered this myself. As Emma is a very cruisy baby I am really hoping shje continues on, I really believe I can tell heaps about her personality already, but I think other people think I'm silly. But she smiles SO much & just loves watching people, she doesnt cry much & I think she will just be a friendly but fairly quiet girl.

We can only wait & see.....

Awww, everyone's kiddies sound just adorable, and so different!!

Min - maybe it goes with the name but my DP Jackson sounds pretty similar to your little Jackson, PMSL!!!

Linda - you know you are probably right with how you think Emma will turn out... we thought that about Aidyn when he was very little, and he has kept the same nature as he had back then...

Ambah, you're right, it is lovely to hear about all the little un's personalitites!

Kaleb is the opposite of placid - he is very active and high maintenance, and loves the stimulation of new people and different places. He has wanted to get going since he was born ie. he wouldn't lie down when he was awake, he'd have to be propped up to sit with pillows. When he was a baby he used to cry a lot, but now I think it was frustration, because as soon as he learned to crawl at 6 months, he became a very happy little boy. The thing I love most is that although when Kaleb is awake he doesn't stop, he sleeps really well!

jay+tyler Guest

wow im not the only one with an indapendant monster
    jayden has been quite good as in soooooo adjustable had no probs with b/f or taking dummie went from breast milk to bottle to cup to eating all veiges all food
    HOWEVER personaility wise he is so independant he was 18mths old climbing out of cot he has hated shopping from time he was born always scream just like his father has been climbing out of pram for god know how long climbs out of high chair and believe me he has been mega strapped in but manages to get out
    a real dare devil nothing scares him he is so full on you ALWAYS have to watch him he is to switched on for his own good.
    he knows so much its unbelieveable now we have new baby he tells me mummy baby cry or he say its ok baby when he crying he is so loveable but he is a 24/7 child however in saying that he is a terror but very independant and just know's what he wants i mean he been walking since 9mths so he has wanted to up and go from early and now that he is he doesnt stop.
    HOWEVER he's new brother only 4 weeks old today is opposite he is sookie wont take dummie always wants to held all the time jayd never was like that however jayden has just pulled his bookshelf out of bed room and tyler crying again lol
    gee how my life has changed (lol) i keep saying its for the better but that is sleep deprivation kicking in lol
    wouldnt know what to do without them though

kyile

Matthew has always been a very easy going baby, he is very interested in everything going on around him and wants to know how everything ticks, he is a very happy baby who laughs a lot, he very rarely cries and when he does it`s for a good reason.

Like Fletch with Zane everyone who meets Matthew always comment on how good he is and alert, this alertness was there from birth.

When I was in Hospital for 48 hours last week Matthew was happy to sit in his Hospital Cot for hours just playing and talking to his toys and looking up at Mummy, I know some babies would get so bored being stuck in one spot for so long but not my easy going Matthew.

Both Mark and I are easygoing so I can see this trait continuing and he gets his sticking beak problems from Mark LOL

Pietta Guest

LOL its amazing to me how many independant bubbas we have out and about!!

Kameron has alwasy been my quiet one. Everyone used to comment "Oh you have been lucky to get a quiet one the first time around". Even now that he is 4 he is still pretty shy and takes a while to warm up to new faces.

Lachlan is the total opposite, he was in demand from a very early age and still is. Everything belongs to him... so he thinks and we dub him our Mr. Socialite. He can walk into a party full of strangers and talk to anyone in his own language and pretend he is really interested in what they are saying. He is very outgoing compared to Kameron, and has to be the centre of attention.

Love

I've often wondered the exact same thing too!

So far Kynan's been a fairly easy going & happy baby. He can be quite curious but is very sensitive and needs a lot of reassurance when it comes to new things. He prefers to sit back & watch too. My nanna says I was like that as a baby so perhaps Kynan will have a similar personality to me.

IKWYM Angel, Aidyns personality seems to be so much like mine when I was little too! I wonder if we subconsciously are setting an example that they pick up on and begin to copy? Or if its hereditary in some strange way? Or neither of those? LOL

Everyone has commented that Alexzander has "been here before". He wants to do everything now and gets very frustrated when he can't. When he was first learning to crawl he would get frustrated & scream because he couldn't do it.

He's very social & loves to play with people, not really enjoying being on his own. But he's happy for it just to be me in the room while he plays by himself. I guess he just needs to know someone is there for him.

I can't comment on what Hannah's going to be like later on, but at 7 and a half months, she's a bundle of energy - not excitable, unchannelled energy...but really intense, serious, focused energy. She has a weird sense of humour just like her dad. She laughs at being frightened, or at other people hurting themselves. 8-[ She's not interested in sleeping, and is intensely interested in studying EVERYTHING in her path. Her father's a scientist...so I'm thinkin' she might have inherited some of his passion for learning how things work. She got her intensity from me I think 8-[ She gets very frustrated at not being able to do/reach things (I mean seriously upset...tantrum material). She delights in showing me the things she's discovered, and even though she's not a real huggy baby, she likes to know I'm close, and will come over for reassurance every so often. Even though she's an intense personality - she's also pretty good natured and smiley (thank goodness)....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast