Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to wash babies clothes in?

Default what to wash babies clothes in?

just wondering how many of you used different detergent for bubs clothes, or is it ok to just use the same as you use for your own? (cold power etc)

i'm just not sure if it is uneccesary to get something different or not,

would love to hear what you all did,

Linda

mooshie Guest

my kiddies have always had senstive skin as bubbas so for the first six months i have washed bubs stuff seperatley with Amolin liquid (smells divine) then after around 6mths (dunno why this time just me lol) i chuck the clothes in with the rest of the stuff - with my normal washing though i use Omo senstive (otherwise my dh scratches all day)

We used to use normal stuff but now i wash all our stuff in omo sensitive as it is recommended for babies. I do wash our stuff seperately from hendrix's though

I washed them all in Lux Flakes till about 6mths old. I did Kamerons for the first year.

Love

Melinda Guest

I have always washed Jacob's things in Am-o-lin (it smells beautiful and I have found that it also removes stains very well......particularly when you have a spewy baby!).

He gets a touch of eczema, so I am glad that we have always used this. I haven't yet washed his clothes with our normal washing powder.

I use whatever stuff we're using for our clothes but I only use about 1/2 the recommended amount (not just for Kynan's clothes/nappies but everything I wash).

Hannah has pretty severe eczema, and the only ones that don't aggravate her sensitive skin are Amolin, Omo Sensitive, and Purity. I have a front loader so I can't use lux flakes unfortunately...

I washed Matilda's things for the first 6 weeks in lux flakes, but after that everything went in together, I did trial it first though & made sure it wasn't irritating her skin. Good luck!

Zander's stuff goes in with ours. I have super sensitive skin to washing powders so I had to have his washed in the same as mine otherwise I couldn't touch them!

I have sensitive skin, and wash all our clothes in am-o-lin, so the baby's clothes will get washed in that also.

If I had a top loader I would have considered the Lux flakes for bub's stuff, particularly as theres an outlet store in melbourne where you can get them cheap.

Colleen Guest

i used the omo sensitive to begin with...

But now it goes in with everything else, I loveeee the smell of radiant

Debbie Lee Guest

I am still using lux flakes to wash Gabby's clothes because I love the smell - I think I associate the smell with her now, LOL.
    I have run out every now and then and washed some of her things in with our stuff and it doesn't seem to affect her skin.
    I will keep using lux flakes for the smell until it gets to be too much of a hassle to dissolve the flakes before doing a load.

I used to wash Nicholas's stuff with ours too. Sometimes I would pre soak some of his clothes in Napisan prior to washing them if they were really dirty.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I wash Jonah's stuff separately with sensitive powder.

OMO sensitive, all the way, good stuff!! O

I used to wash all our stuff together with omo sensitive but now we're back to using whatever's on special for the week.

Ali Guest

I used Lux flakes for my first DD for 6 months, then my second only for 1 box and now they all get chucked in together. I don't think it really matters unless they have sensitive skin,

I have a front loader and wash all Matthew`s clothes in Amolin but I`m changing over to OMO Sensitive as I`m coming out in ezcema and it could be from Amolin, Matthew also suffers from ezcema so the change might be good for him too.

The only time I washed Matthew`s clothes separate to ours is when I first washed them before he was born now all our clothes go in together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast