Thread: What was your 2yo son's favourite birthday gift?

Default What was your 2yo son's favourite birthday gift?

I ahve tried searching and looking back a several pages but can't find any old threads...

So what was your 2 yr old boys favourite gifts? I have no idea what to buy DS! He adores Thomas the Tank, he is very physical and loves to climb, run jump, he enjoys building.....
    We have a pretty big back yard now and I am prepared to spend about $150-200 (at the absolute most!)

We have lots of trains and train tracks, some wooden blocks and mega blocks. He has a scooter (which he can't figure out how to use yet)...ummm can't think of any other favourite special toys.

So give me your ideas!

Any toy that had wheels lol... nothing special here.
    My brother got him a starter Thomas Wooden Railway set, and DH has been adding to it bit by bit over the last 6 weeks... He has 2 of the battery powered trains, which he absolutely loves.
    What about one of those jungle gyms that you put outside and they can climb in, out and all over it?

Izzy actually got it for her 2nd birthday but both LOVE their train table. It came with all the tracks and trains and we buy Thomas trains to add to it and they "ride" fine on the wooden tracks even though the one we got isn't actually a "Thomas" one. They are now loving building tracks all over the floor as well and make them go from the lounge to the dining room and then get all the trains line up on it. Best buy and from memory it was around $100.

My ds loved the paint set my brother got him with the paint board he literally threw everything in his way out of the way and painted his lil heart out nearly all day.. He also loves his train table too he makes sure its all still together every night

Oh man I wish my kids would straighten it at night

LOL, Tan, Liam has the wooden train set which I make up on the floor....they play with it for 30mins, then trash it and then he whines the rest of the day because he can't make it himself properly! Drives me batty but he loves it so much I can't bring myself to put it away!

nic, you reminded me I wanted to get him a big Tonka truck for outside...

Amali baby, hmmm, maybe an easel too They have paints, but we just paint at the table. But would it be fair to get it for him, but it would be for both of them??...

lol believe me i had to be stern for that to occur believe me!! got sick of being the train manager of that table either he did it or it was going in the bin!!

Yeah the paint stands that have two sides can be for both just designate a side each and put their paints there i like it cause he used to do it at the table and my DH would always nag about it gettin everywhere so now i do it outside in the sun and he tries to paint the birds and trees its very cute

Yeah I agree hun they can paint one on each side! Ikea have one although it's not magnetic like some of them which I think would come in handy.

At two my DS loved his Mega Bloks cars & transporter truck. He also loved his tool box because it was just like daddy's.

Ooohh, sarah, a tool box, my gosh he would LUUUUURRRRVE that!

Great ideas ladies, keep em coming!
    Last edited by MrsFabuloso; August 13th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.

I second the tool box...We got DS one of those tool stands where you can hang all the tools off, its a bit like a workshop - he absolutely loved it and now even tho the stand has moved to the cubby house he still uses all the tools inside occasionally and he is now 4. He kept trying to fix things, it was very cute.