Thread: What's a high temp?

Default What's a high temp?

Kynan had a temp of 37.9 deg. last night & felt very hot. Is that high? When do you need to start getting worried about a temp? I gave him some panadol but wasn't overly concerned as he seemed fine otherwise... a bit cranky and off his food but he was quite tired too so that could have been it. His temp's down to 37.4 deg now and he seems to be his normal chirpy self so I'm not really worried, just wondering.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Angel

I think that anything above 37.5 is considered a high temp and you should give panadol to reduce it. I'd keep giving panadol today to keep it down because its just under the 37.5.If your worried I give the doctors a quick call just to make sure though.

I hope Kynan gets better soon.

Hi Angel

Kirsty is correct. Anything above 37.5 is considered high but we dont start to worry unless the panadol doe not bring it down. If the temp gets above 38 and panadol will not bring it down then you need to see a doctor.

Thanks everyone! Kynan's temp got up to 38.1 yesterday evening so we gave him another dose of panadol before he went to bed. He's been fine today though, back down to 37.0 and he's eating well again.

Pietta Guest

I am glad to hear he's doing well. Is he better now?

Thanks for thinking of us, Pee The high temps ended up being the start of a slight cold, so he's had a rough couple of days but is on the mend now.