Thread: when did you go from pram to stroller

Default when did you go from pram to stroller

Just wondering if everyone tends to go from a pram to a stroller.. i paid $400 for my pram and would like to use as much/long as possible.. does it just come down to a convenient issue and strollers are easier/lighter? what sort of weight/age did you change? thanks!!

I used my pram alot with Lindsay, but we went to a stroller at about 12 months with him because it was just easier for every day use, but when we went out I still used the pram. I only ever used the stroller with Erin because the pram wouldn't fit in the boot of our new car and with Paige a I bought a bigger stroller.

Maggie is 16 months and I have only just bought a stroller, it is a largish one, but it is smaller than the 3 wheeler. The 3 wheeler is great in the street and for long walks, but an absolute pain to get in and out of the boot and is so long it hits peoples ankles when shopping. So I have gone for the stroller mainly for ease when shopping. It has cup holders and a tray for Maggie, so she seems to be happier to sit in it around the shopping centre. Also it is so much lighter to get in and out of the boot.

I have a stroller for mine which was suitable from birth so didn't need a pram. A couple of people in my mother's group had them though and some of them have just now switched to strollers as the babies are wanting to sit up more. I don't know what type of pram you have but they had old fashioned ones which had no other option apart from the child sitting bolt upright when they got too big to lie down.

I've just noticed our babies are about the same age so I guess I know why you're asking. =)

Strollers are pretty light these days and there is a huge choice so hopefully you might be able to find something suitable.

I only used a pram with my DD. It was a Peg Perego, weighs only 9kg and used it every time we went out - walk, shops, anywhere. It had big wheels, a big carrying space and was comfy for her. I could change it so it faced me when she was a newborn, to being able to face out when she was bigger. Never even considered a stroller at all! Didn't need it.

With DS, I had to buy a stroller as when our car was in an accident (stupid, b#$ch but that's another story!) I had a small hire care provided with our insurance, and the pram didn't fit in.

I often keep both in the boot, although tend to use the stroller at school cause I can lift Blake and the stoller upstairs if I need to go and see DD's teacher, without having to go to the other end of the building where the ramp is. I will use it sometimes use it at the supermarket to whizz in and out. But if it's a longer period of time that we're out, it's definitely the pram cause it's so much more comfortable for Blake, and to me, that's what it's all about.

thanks all! I was just looking at the oi oi stroller cause its funky looking and of course most importantly on sale at toys r us atm! will check it out tomorrow. I have the steelcraft transaction pram which is fab but huge and pretty heavy..
    melbo..our boys have the same birthday!

Zander is 20 months on Monday & still in his pram....

We're still using a pram and I will be as I'll have a newborn in another 5 months! I bought a toddler seat for it and I'll probably buy one of those skateboard things when Louis is a bit older.
    As it is at the moment I end up pushing an empty pram because Louis wants to walk everywhere - hehehe.