Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did your baby get hair?

Default When did your baby get hair?

Just wondering when your babies actually got hair?

Claire is still a baldy and while its very cute, I would also like to see her get a little bit of hair, lol.. I was born with a full head of hair!

I'm sure it varies greatly between babies, but just interested to know anyway!

My bub was born with masses of hair and still has it, but my friends bub was born a little baldy and now at 18mths, he has just had his first hair cut. He looked balder than he actually was cause his hair is blonde too. His hair started to get longer and darker at about 12mths.

My first was born with only a little bit of hair but it grew pretty quick after 8 months, #2 had a fair bit of hair when she was born but it fell out then about the same age 8 months it grew fairly quick but #3 was bald as a badger until whe was 2 then it slowly grew. She is now 4 and has only had 6 haircuts.

Harrison was born with a mega mop of hair... he got his first haircut a few weeks ago.
    My nephew Taj had no hair for a while, then around 8-9 months he started to get more, now he has as much hair as Harrison (even though he is 6 months older! lol)

My first was born with a head of hair and has been having haircuts since he was 10mths old LOL. The girls were born with a decent covering of hair, but lost it all by about 6wks and they were nearly 1 before I could put a clip in it. Alister also has a decent covering, and hasnt really started to lose it yet.

Both my bubs were born with heaps of hair. Lily's is very curly though so it's only at her shoulders so the growth has slowed down a lot. i just with it would grow longer! i love little girls with long hair. Charlie has his first hair cut at around 8-9 months old i think and it still hasnt grown much either. It's like both of them its grown quick but after i cut it it slows down heaps.

Olivia was born with a mop of red hair which has just kept on growing and growing.

Charlie was born with a thatch of thick brown hair and it never fell out either: just keeps on growing.

I have them both at the hairdressesers every few weeks.

Lexie on the other hand was born with a sparse few blonde locks, which all fell out, to be replaced with more fine blonde hair.........hers seems to fall out regularly & get replaced...

Daniel was born with heaps of black hair (neither DH or I have black hair), then it all fell out at about 5 to 6 weeks and he was as bald as a badger.

It's finally grown back and is now strawberry blonde. I put GAIA moisturiser through his hair and give him a mow hawk - he looks soooooooooooooo cute. I don't even know where to begin giving a baby a hair cut. I'd ending up stuffing it and making him look like a ruffian.

I wonder if sometimes, with newborns, that the hair on their head is classified as lanugo.

Kiara was born with a little hair, and still only has a little hair!!! She is starting to get more at the back now, but is still very fine on top!

I can't wait to be able to put a clip or ponytail in!

Izzy was born with very fine duck down fuzz all over and a few tufts of long Homer like long bits on top It looked sooo funny - its growing on top a little bit now and I can even put a tiny clip in the front bit(ebay - sooo cute!!), but the back and sides are still really short and balding and she has the old man bit at the nape of her neck which Im sure will fall out too! Heehee! The joys!

Rhianna was born with dark brown hair, which is fading to a golden brown / dark blonde colour.
    I like bald babies, so cute.

Our DD was born with a full head of dark hair. It did thin out at about 6 weeks but grew back just as thick.

At almost 3, it's now half way down her back and is much fairer. She's only had 2 haircuts since birth though.

Darcy's dark hair all fell out before 6 weeks and only really started to gorw about the age Claire is not. It's still too fine to hold a clip. There's really not a lot - just enough to get knotty.

Zander had very very little hair at birth & now at two & a half you can still see skin through his hair LOL! I think it was only once he turned two that it started to thicken up, some parts were getting longer, mostly over his ears, but it was very uneven growth.

Just looking at Claire's photos now, his was very similar to who hers is!

Hi Karina, my DD is almost 17months old, and we are still waiting for her hair to grow. Still waiting to get a sample for her baby album. It has just started to grow a little at the lower back, but still only about .5cm on top. It makes her look alot younger than she is as she is petite. Everyone looks at her and her brother and think they are alot close than they are, although they are only 13months apart but YKWIM.. I just checked out her photos, she is so cute!!!!

Oh, don't you hate the is it a boy or a girl questions, because they have no hair. Like Hello dip5hits, she is wearing pink what do you think? Do you get this?

All of my babies have been born with hair. Joels came down to his shoulders and he had serious sideburns happening. He was my little Elvis. He had his first trim at only a few months old, and eventually had the old man comb over happening too.

Brandon had a great head too, both of them very dark brown.

Noah was born with like duckdown, a very light strawberry blonde that you really had to look at the get the colour right. He didn't have hepas but a fair covering, he did loose alot of it, but it grew back a darker shade of strawberry.

Tehya was born and there ws no mistaking her red hair. She never really lost it although it was slower to grow. It is now curly (none of us have curls) although I am betting as it gets longer and more weight it will straighten out. She still hasn't had her first hair cut, her hair has grown weird, the sides are still quite short, like shoulder length, yet the middle of the back is really long, of course you can only tell if you straighten out the curls.

mine were all extremely hairy babies, they dont lose it either, Zyon's is so much thicker though & is about 1.5inches all over! It just grows & grows,
    Indah has had hers tied up from about 6mths! hee hee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast