Thread: When did your toddler stop sleeping through the day

Default When did your toddler stop sleeping through the day

Just wondering when they stoped sleeping through the day Madison turned 2 last month and now does not want to sleep through the day, i try and put her down but she just play's and calls out to me. I will try and get her to lay down but i wish she would still sleep.

Aidyn is over 2.5yrs, and still has a nap during the day, however we have had the odd day recently when he just hasnt gone down for a nap.
    What time are you trying to put her down? Can you maybe wait until later to see if she's any tireder?
    Have you tried wearing her out in the mornings? I usually take Aidyn on a walk with me to the park or gym (which is over 30mins of walking for him) which is good excercise, plus helps him to sleep better.
    Does she sleep in late in the mornings? Whenever Aidyn sleeps in past 7am is usually when he wont have a nap, which thankfully is pretty rare.
    Sorry I wish I had more suggestions, but I dont think you are alone...

Kameron was around 2 and Lachlan who is now 2.5 only has the odd days, maybe once or twice a week where he has a nap in the day time.

Love

T is almost 2.5 and he has just stopped having day sleeps unless he is in the car

Kirsty77 Guest

Phew so i've still got a far while till Gem cuts out the day naps!LOL!I was terrifed I was going to read that at 16 months or something they cut them out.......

Kirsty77 Guest

ARgh don't say that Fletch!PMSL!

Zane sounds exactly the same as Gem. Shes a 12 hours a night girl and 2 naps a day......lucky us!

Melinda Guest

Jacob had two sleeps a day up until 13 months when he went down to 1 sleep. He is still having 1 sleep per day now and he is 2y,3.5m old. He will sleep for around 10/11 hours overnight but often wakes during that too - for whatever reason LOL.

LOL Mel, Matilda is the same as Jacob & is now 2.6

Melinda Guest

Can you imagine Matilda & Jacob together?! ROFL What a cheeky pair they would make!

Ashlea has just turned 5 and still has a nap during the day maybe 3 times a week
    I've never had a problem getting her to have a day time sleep and still find it easy to get her to have a rest
    Lucky me!
    She goes to bed about 8ish at night and gets up about 7.30am

My sons 2.5 and still has a nap (3-4 hours) i put him down around 11.30am. There is the odd day where we won't have a nap and sits ion his room playing for a while. He goes to bed around 8pm and wakes up between 5-5.30am.