Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do they grow out of Newborn Nappies

Default When do they grow out of Newborn Nappies

Hey there.

I was just wondering at what stage your babies grew out of the newborn size nappy (disposable!!) and were into the next size up? It says on the box that newborn is till 5kg and obviously for everyone this is different, but DH and i have been buying a box of nappies whenever they are on special and it just occured to me that maybe we should stop doing this as we dont want any left over. Hendrix is currently 3.670kg and has gained 500g already (in two weeks). Any suggestions.

i went by the weight of my child. to what it says on the box. When they hit 5kg I would swap over.

Love

Aidyn was about 5.5kg at his 5 week MCHN appt... that is when we realised it was time that he went up a size!

I just noticed that they weren't fitting well and that we were having several leaks. I can't remember the age, sorry! Have some of the next size on hand jic it happens. Also if you haven't opened the other ones, the stores will take them back and sell you the next size probably not the same cheaper price though!

Depends on the brand I think Shannon? We use Dymples and they are 5kg-11kg and they come in boxes of 96.

Colleen Guest

hmmm

Jaykob is in the walker size Huggies (13-18kgs) and hes only 12 kilos

any smaller is no good.....

People dont believe me until they see it lol He just has a big belly

Jaykob was in newborn nappies for about 2 weeks. He was 4.5 kilo at birth , the clinic nurse told me on his first visit that they were way too small but i was just going by the box LOL

good luck....

Colleen

Glad you posted this Heather as DH and I were wondering the same thing. Thanks Shannon for letting us know that Crawler is the next size, we now know what to get next!

Hannah was out of newborn nappies at 1 month of age. She was just under 5kg, but they just didn't fit well. We'd bought 3 boxes and only went through (almost) 2. Had a couple left over. We had to take the third box back and exchange it....

the next size up from newborn is "infant" - which is for 4 - 8kg. Crawler is the next one after that.

Default reply

It so depends on the baby, Nyah was in newborn for 6mths (no kidding), and William was in them until he was 4mths, but my GF had he little boy i newborn for 8 weeks and he needed to go up so for each bubbs it's totally different.

Vanessa Guest

I agree with what everyone has said before in that different children are in them for different periods of time. Liam was 4 kg born and wasnt in them very long. He went into "Infant" which you can get in a Box but just not in supermarkets. I emailed and complained to Huggies why Infant arent in boxes and they provided me with a list of wholesalers(bulk sellers) that sell them in boxes, (plain packaging). HTH

I just brought Alex crawler nappies as they don't do Infant in the boxes. He is only just over 5kilos.

mooshie Guest

lani was born 3.9kgs and we only used 1 box of huggies newborn can't remember her weight when she grew out of them tho.

she is now 10 1/2 mths and still in the crawler ones - she is so skinny lol

Yeah now I remember that used to really peeve me off that I couldnt buy that Huggies Infant nappies in the big boxes...

Matilda was only in them for 3 weeks 8-[

Matthew was in newborn until 6 weeks, even though he was over 5.5 kgs

I think I moved up to the next size with Violet cause I had a few poo escapes!! So I think you will know when to move up to the next size...

Tanya

Chloe was only in them for 2 weeks too.. she was 4.490 kilos at birth and was back up and past that by her 4th day weighing.. she was only in them for 2 weeks because we brought a box of a hundred and didnt want to waste any

i buy boxes of infant nappies, we buy our nappies from a place called nappy world.. and we can get a box of infant huggies and a box if infant babylove both with 100 nappies in and it only costs us $70 so its a lil cheaper then in the store..

we will up her to the crawler one when she hits 8kilos like the box says lol unless the nappies start to not fit properly before then.

Lesley

*Megan* Guest

Heather - I stocked up too..and had to take some of them back! Finlay went up a size at about 5 weeks....

Megan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast