Thread: When does the last daytime nap go? :(

Default When does the last daytime nap go? :(

I'm wondering whether DS is starting to drop his last day nap or if it is teething related. When did it go for your little one? I'm really not looking forward to it. I have no idea how I am going to keep him entertained all day long. He is a very active little boy who can keep going and going! Any tips for when it does go? Thanks

I think it is very different for each child. My DS1 was 3 1/2 when he stopped having a day nap and my sister's DS is 3 1/2 and still having a nap. Others drop it much earlier, we just got lucky I think LOL!

DD1 dropped hers recently (around her second birthday)
    she is also super active! we start our 'evening' routine at 4:30pm with dinner, bath by 5:30pm and in bed by 6:30pm. She is sound asleep by 7pm
    its hard come 2pm but night times are sooooo much better now!
    HTH

My DD was just over 3 when she dropped hers, it'd been coming for a while and eventually we just stopped trying to force the issue.

I think I'll be VERY lucky if DS makes it that far though.
    Last edited by Willow; March 17th, 2009 at 07:20 PM.

26 months! just dropped it in january

My DD1 dropped hers at 3yrs old and my DD2 is having a nap on 3 days a week but not on 4, she's 28 months.

Jackson is almost 4 and he shouldn't be having a daytime nap because we struggle big time to get him to bed at night. However if he doesn't have his nap, he stops being able to function by around 4pm!! I am aiming to try and get him out of it by 4.

Leo is 21 months now and struggles to sleep more than 30 minutes once a day - trying so hard to get him to stretch it out, but I don't like my chances. Sure am going to miss that little bit of me time during the day!!

DD#1 - dropped her day sleep at 28 months.....
    DD#2 - has just turned 3 and whilst we can go the odd day without a day nap, she is a nightmare, and i pay for it that arvo.....today for example it was 1130am and she said 'mummy, can i go to sleep?'....she loves her sleep, and i dont plan on weaning her off her day sleep anytime soon
    DD#3 - still has day sleep, wouldnt even contemplate her dropping it ATM....a 1.5 hr nap is just what she needs around 1230pm.....

Hey Jan, I have been having the same issues with Olivia...when to drop it. Last month she was giving it up and I was so adiment for her to get it back, however when she does sleep during the day now, night time is a mess, she wont sleep til 11pm.
    So out of necessity, its on its way out, as of yesterday. Shes tired by about 5pm, so I keep her going and she has managed to be ok til 730.
    Good luck

I've been having the same issues with ds1, some days he'll go down for a sleep and others he just won't at all! I'm still trying to encourage them as he still seems to need them he gets pretty cranky in the later afternoon if he hasn't slept. When he doesn't go down to sleep I always try and have some quiet time like reading books together or if I'm desperate a dvd so he is at least resting.

My DS is 18 months and I suspect I will be losing day naps soon. He is very hit and miss with them now. Some days he has a normal 1.5 hours one but that is becoming rare - usually they are only lasting 20-50 minutes and every few days he won't have one at all

my ds better not drop them any time soon... to be honest he has really only just properly transitioned to 1 sleep - i think bc he is such an early riser...he is back asleep by 11 when with me and a little later at fdc i think.
    i think he will need this for a while yet - well i hope so! it will prob be my luck he will drop it when the baby is born! i guess they are all different!
    Arte - wow i hope he picks it back up again - though maybe this is adding to him being so good at night?

My DD1 had daynaps until she started school! Almost every day and it didnt effect night sleeps.
    DD2 however, just dropped them (she is 3 and a quarter) as it was interferring with night sleep..
    xo