Thread: When is it time tooooooo...

Default When is it time tooooooo...

In your opinion, when is it time:

(1) to let baby sleep with blanket
    (2) to let baby sleep with pillow
    (3) to change crib to toddler bed
    (4) to have her feed herself with forks/spoons (not finger food)
    (5) to give her peanut butter
    (6) to potty train
    (7) to tell her when we get pg with #2 (no not even ttc yet!!)

Just some questions I was thinking of tonight! Thanks!

I think i let Madison sleep with a cot blanket when she was about 10 months or so.

Madison slept with a pillow when she was about 20 months or so, she had a bad cold and this helped her go to sleep, it was just a very thin one.

When madison was about 22 months, I had Charlotte when she was 20 months and she was not wanting to go to sleep in her cot, changed her to a big bed and she would go to sleep.

I would let Madison play with her spoon when i was feeding her around 11 months and when she was ready to use it, i let her, only now she will use a fork, but mainly will still use a spoon.

I waited until she was 1 year old.

(6) to potty train
    I let Madison use the potty when she would want to this started about 21 months and now she is 2yr and 2 months she is using the toilet.

I would let her know straight away or when you tell your family, I was pregnant with Charlotte when Madison turned 1 she new what was happening through out the pregnacy, and was so happy when Charlotte was born.

Hope this helps

Anneliese will start when the weather gets a bit cooler, but generally about 8-9 months the boys started.

When my kids were getting ready to go into a cot, i would start them off with one of our old (thin) pillows. Worked great!

Xander was 18 months, Declan 16 months.

i used to give the kids spoons from about 1 year onwards so they could "help" feed themselves.

We dont have any history of anaphylaxis, so we gave small amount from about 1 year onwards...

(6) to potty train
    I started my boys about 22 months, Xander was fully TT by about 2.5 (but regressed when we moved across the country, and is now fully TT at 3.5) Declan just starting...

tell your DD straight away, it takes time for them to get used to. Involve them in the pregnancy

HTH!!!

We let Matilda sleep with a blanket since she moved to a big girl bed at 16 months

Same, 16 months

With Matilda we did it early at 16 months because she kept climbing out of the cot & then back in & landing on her head... it was a safety issue.

Around 12 months we started giving her spoons to play with while we fed her & she started using those spoons to feed herself. They were the plastic big ones.... we gradually moved her onto plastic forks.

After 2 years. We only just tried with Matilda who is 2 1/2 and she wouldn't eat it. I am allergic to peanuts so I didn't see any reason to encourage her to eat it.

(6) to potty train
    When they are ready. Around 3yrs

We started talking about it when Matilda was 22 months and I was 8 weeks pg.

Aidyn has only had a proper quilt since he moved into his bed at nearly 3yo - before that he was in grobags. He has been taking his little 'blankie' to bed with him since 9 months old though - it was his favourite polar fleece wrap which I cut into quarters so it wasnt too big or dangerous to him to take with him.

We gave Aidyn a junior pillow at around 2yo.

We have just put Aidyn in a single bed (from his cot) at 2yrs 8months old.

He had spoons from around 12 months, and forks were a bit later. he still usually only eats with a spoon (or his fingers) and not a fork though.

I tried him on peanut butter around 2yo - and he came out with a reaction to it straight away. You do not have to have a history of anaphylaxis to be wary of it. We have no history of any food allergies at all - and yet he has quite a few allergies. The recommended age to start them on peanut butter is 2yo, but I have also heard it can be 5yo.

(6) to potty train
    He is 2 and 8 months and still isnt quite ready to start.

(7) to tell her when we get pg with #2 (no not even ttc yet!!) LOL no idea about this one!

(1) to let baby sleep with blanket.....Mmmmm..we had blankets and wraps from day one..light ones but blankets all the same.

(2) to let baby sleep with pillow...when baby moves to big bed.

(3) to change crib to toddler bed....we have found around 2 works for us.

(4) to have her feed herself with forks/spoons (not finger food) Sammy started doing this from around 9/10 months and made so much mess ..hehe..but he got the hang of it!

(5) to give her peanut butter...w e dont give peanut butter til kids are 2
    (6) to potty train....when they start to show that they are ready...normally around 2-21/2. Having said that...Sammy already tells us when hes going to do a poo so he seems very aware.

(7) to tell her when we get pg with #2 (no not even ttc yet!!) We told the kids when they were little right from the start but it didnt really make any sense to them until the baby bump grew and we talked about the new baby more.

Jo

This is just what we did -

(1) to let baby sleep with blanket - about six months with it tucked around her sleep positioner
    (2) to let baby sleep with pillow - 16 mths : jr pillow
    (3) to change crib to toddler bed - 16 mths
    (4) to have her feed herself with forks/spoons (not finger food) - she wanted to around 14 mths and is really good at it now
    (5) to give her peanut butter - 2 yrs
    (6) to potty train - still waiting she's not ready yet at 27 mths
    (7) to tell her when we get pg with #2 (no not even ttc yet!!) - we told her straight away and she was 15 months at the time.