Thread: where do you bath 6 month old?

Default where do you bath 6 month old?

have been bathing bub in my bathroom sink since birth or he has a bath with his dad.. but now he is getting to big for the sink and touching the taps! just wondering how best to bath him.. he is not sitting up on his own enought to put in bath plus it would kill my back..just wondering what others did? do i get a bath seat or waste of money??

I used this cloth slingy/seat but yes it was hard. Just think in a few months he will be sitting up. What about the laundry sink? Would that work?

When my boys could sit up with minimal support I used a bath seat. Until that time it was the laundry sink.

Love

Tehya was sitting up at 6 months and I already had one of those bath seat's which I think are fantastic, they save your back so much. Plus it makes things like washing their hair so much easier.

They are a one off purchase that you can keep to use for you following children too.

Oh yeah, and I was bathing in the bath tub too. Have pretty much always bathed my babies in there. I just filled their baby bath and sat it in the bottom of the tub.

if they've got good head support, and scoot around why not on their tummy in minimal water? This is how I bath my 7 mth old and he loves it. He never face plants. Yes he tries to escape sometimes but its a heck of a lot easier on me

My MIL who had 5 babies started doing it with Seth when I was in perth, I reckon because of all the mod cons we have these days we forget other ways iykwim?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Since Kynan was about 10w old he's been in the big bath. I always get in there with him too and he loves floating around on his back in a nice deep bath with his head on my knees for support.

Matilda had a hammock/terry toweling seat thing that I used to put her in the big bath from around 4 months and at that time we would use it to get her clean & then turn her over & let her have a good swim & kick around in the bath. She loved swimming in the bath so we always let her. We had also started swimming lessons at that time so she was learning about water.

Em has a bath seat we use now as he has excellent head support and is starting to sit unaided but for the past few months I have been filling the bath so I can lay him on his back and the water comes maybe half way up his head. He loves the freedom of not being held and kicks and splashes around and the best part is I don't have to hold him!! Its made bath time so much fun as I really dreaded it having to support him for the whole time he was in there.

i put him in the big bath on his back today and he loved it! problem solved thanks all!