Thread: Where do you buy wraps?

Question Where do you buy wraps?

This may sound like a stupid question but I'm from the US and I always have trouble finding things here so I thought I'd ask before going shopping. I wanted to buy a light wrap/bunny rug. I have a fuzzy warm one and a cotton one but they both seem too warm for some of the heat we've been getting. I've seen some really light thin ones that are see-through. I think they might be muslin or something like that. Does anyone know where to get them? I'll be going to the mall later today where they have Target, K-Mart, Big W, and lots of cheap shops.

Muslin wraps are what you are after.
    you can get them at most baby shops, plus target, kmart bigW etc should have them too.

its worth looking for the bigger sized ones, 100x100 or larger, at least I found with Milo that the smaller ones did not last long at all.

Living textiles and bubbs blue brands have particularly thin muslin wraps, and I think miine cost about $15-20 for 3.

You can even get them cheaper than this, I have seen them at woolworths/safeway, but I found the fabric 'hard' IYKWIM - I didn't want to wrap my baby in it.

Yep, muslin is what you are after... ToysR Us have some really big ones (120 x 120) as does Big W. About $10 for 2. They are only in white tho. All the pretty ones seems to be tiny.

Personally I would never buy wraps! A GF made me three muslin wraps and they are HUGE (60 inches sqaure) and fantastic. Material shops like Spotlight sell baby muslin, you just hem one side (if you don't have a machine I dont think you'd need to bother).

Pre baby- I bought heaps of wraps (I didn't know the sex of the baby so manchester was my "outlet" IYKWIM!!) but only ever used the ones my GF gave me because they were so light and versatile - and Flynn was born in winter and the light weight nature of them was fine.

I brought cheescloth from spotlight-1and 1/2 mtrs and they work fantastic summer weather and cooler weather. Lots of colour range too.

Thats a great idea too Rory. I bet they would come in handy as a pram cover in the summer too.

Mmm I second the Bubba Blue muslin wraps, Riv works his way out of small ones, but he doesn't get out of his bubba blue ones til morning!

Making your own is a great idea too!
    Last edited by Nelle; January 3rd, 2007 at 08:16 PM.

Oh i may have to go to spotlight and get some cheesecloth!
    I have the thicker blankets but no wraps... thanks for the ideas ladies

I agree with Rory, spotlight's the way to go. Only prob is you have to have a machine to hem them or know someone who can as that stuff frays like crazy.....I bought a metre and a half for each wrap - she wasn't getting out of those suckers

Plus there heaps of cool patterns not just plains...

Kellsbells - The other idea is Best & Less if there is one near where you live. They had 3 packs of muslin wraps (121cm x 121cm) in nice patterns and colours! Where is in the US are you from? I'm originally from Oregon and moved here in 2000!