Thread: Whingeing driving me mental!

Default Whingeing driving me mental!

OMG Angus is going through the most difficult phase.

He is whingeing constantly and sulking when he's not. Right now he is sulking in the passage because we don't have any cornflakes for breakfast. He has been there for an hour whingeing at me "don't want weetbix"!

Help me to figure out the best way to deal with this. I'm ignoring it which isn't helping at all. He whinges louder.

I guess I have alot to look forward too! :icon_question: Im not at that stage yet but from watching super nanny(don't know how reliable that is) kids start acting out when they don't feel like they are getting enough attention, playing with them etc? Hope that he has eaten his weetbix by now!

I can soooo relate to you Sammi! Gabriella doesnt really cry she just whinges and it drives me up the wall, it is like a constant whine and I hate it. The best thing we have managed to do is threaten her with going to her room/corner if she continues to whinge after a certain period. I can handle crying but not this whining.

Tranquilliser dart?

Okay sorry Sammi, I know that wasn't helpful. Hope he got hungry enough eventually :P

Wonder what I'll do when River starts to whinge...I know my mum would have given me a smack, but smacking doesn't seem to be so popular these days hey.

Ryan is going through this phase at the moment too, i have found that as soon as the whinging starts, if i distract him with something, ie a toy, food, drink etc he forgets what he was whinging about
    I hope it stops for you soon Sam

He finally came and ate by 11am. He was starving!

Cheeky bugger then started whingeing for bickies which I have him because he ate all of his weetbix.

Oh im not looking forward to those days. Jesse already sometime whines when he doesnt want to lay on the floor no more!
    My sister uses threats too like do you want to play the xbox this afternoon, "yes" well stop otherwise you wont be. Thats to my 7 year old nephew. Prob different with a 3 year old but perhaps the going to the room thing or time out might be a good thing to introduce.
    Best of luck

Didn't eat til 11! Wow, that's a lot of resolve for a 3yr old Sammi! You've got one determined little guy there :P
    I just wanted to say good on you for standing your ground!
    And lol at giving him the bikkies. You've got to pick your battles hey

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

I hear ya Sammi, I too have one of those whingy, sulky little boys. Somebody please send me the SUPER NANNY!!!!! I swear he is still suffering from the terrible 2's even though he is 3. I hope it just is like you say 'a difficult phase'...difficult - most definately, phase - it better be. I don't have any advice Sammi, believe me if I had found something that worked I would share...

Good Luck!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

How frustrating, Sam!
    If you figure out a solution, let me know.
    Gabby is a whinger already... and I am SO sure she'll be sulky when she's older too (just like her Mummy ). She's driving me bananas already!!

OMG the whinging is awful isn't it - I'm sure its at exactly the right pitch to induce insanity.
    If you finfa cure let me know - in the meantime you have all my sympathy.