Thread: Why can't I sit down?

Default Why can't I sit down?

Why is it that when you're rocking a baby to sleep it's ok when you're standing but every time you try and sit down they cry!! Even if you're doing the exact same thing.

It's driving me mental!! My legs and arms hurt, lol.

haha!! I dunno... they seem to sense you trying to relax a little I think!!!!

I always put her in the Ergo and then sit down - and rock back and forth - I don't think she can tell the difference as much then.

when u work it out will u let me in on it???????????

do you have a fitball hon? it worked a treat for Julia, you can still bounce up and down and rock while resting your legs!

Heaven - when u figure it out SELL IT!!! You'll make a fortune LOL

Drives me nuts too

So it's not just my bub then! How do they know!?! I hear you on the sore arms and legs SJ - who needs a gym, lol.

same reason, why cant we eat, have a shower, sleep.. etc etc.. lol

Ooohhh..........I have a fitball!! Can't believe I didn't think of it, very handy!

LOL.

Don't have an answer to it, but though it was funny because it is soooo true.

Smart little buggers they are, these bubs.

Have you thought about buying or hiring a baby hammock? They are really good when you have a baby who wants to be rocked to sleep. Before we brought ours I would rock, bounce, dance ect to get ds to sleep then as soon as I went to put him down in the cot he would wake up . When we got the hammock I put him in awake and bounce him to sleep it was a lifesaver.

Yeah!!!! Let me know when someone figures it out too!!!!

I will have to inflate my fitball it's so flat from being used so much in my pregnancy haven't bothered to blow it back up! Good idea.....

My baby hammock is great when my arms get sore i just place her in there when she's sleepy enough and i bounce the hammock up and down and 'sometimes' she drifts off.. other times she protests LOL

We have one of those fisher price swings that i put Orson in there awake and then it rocks him to sleep. It works most times butsometiems it doesnt and i do have to walk around the house rocking him.

He also starts up right when dinner is served so i always have to eat it cold lol.

Its also like when you go for walk in the pram and they fall asleep, you get home and keep trying to rock it yet as soon as you step thru the front door they're awake.

Quote Originally Posted by *Belle* View Post
    do you have a fitball hon? it worked a treat for Julia, you can still bounce up and down and rock while resting your legs!
    Yep - I get a quad workout and core strength training every day

i don't have a fitball..BUT i used to sit on DH side of the bed and bounce up and down...to get DS to go off to sleep...