Thread: why do toddlers sleep with their bums in the air?

Question why do toddlers sleep with their bums in the air?

Why do toddlers sleep with their little bums in the air and thier face on the bed? I tried it myself yesterday in case I was missing out on something and its not at all comfortable so why do toddlers favour it?

I have no idea why, but Lily does this aswell. Apparently i used to do it too. Maybe because they are more flexable than us, it's more comfortable for them?

I have no idea why, but my three have all done it and Lindsay and Paige still do! I'd love to know why though LOL.

LMAO Dach I have this great vision of you trying to sleep with your head up and bum down!!

I don't know why they do it but you have to admit that its pretty darn cute LOL!

send it in to mythbusters...

Alex always sleeps that way.
    It would be great to find out why they do it.

Melinda Guest

PMSL @ sending it into mythbusters!

LMAO I too had Chloe visuals.

Not sure why either, but Tehya does it atm, Noah does it occasionally and my 12 year old STILL does it.

Surely their legs would end up crampy.....

Melody Guest

I have wondered this myself & think it would have something to do with the 'womb position'. In the womb you generally think that they would have thier bums 'out' & knees pulled up to thier chest (folded underneath) so I like to think that when Hunter sleeps & his mind is free of the mortal coil it is just his natural instict to hold onto that last piece of the 'other place'. Surely they work out & let go of it by the time they are 7-8. Maybe some hold onto the memory longer than others??

Both Mason and Angus did this as soon as they could roll over. It is too cute!