Thread: why does she do it.

pamba Guest

Default why does she do it.

my little girl pulls her own hair, is this normal behaviour for a 10 month old

My 20 month old still does it (and did it when she was your DD's age)
    I notice it particularly when she is tired. I think it's pretty common

Matilda has done it since she was around 4 months. I actually took her to the GP to check that it wasn't an ear infection because she was pulling the hair behind her right ear. Ears were clear & it is still her tired sign almost 2 years later. She will pull the hair when she starts getting tired.

i'm with christy - isabelle does it as her tired sign, she plays and tugs with her (or lily's) hair

HA HA HA...
    Indah has done it from birth & would be happily laying on the floor or in her bouncer & I'd be doing something & hear a blood curtling scream... I'd run in to where Indah was & she'd have this bright red face & be tearing at her own hair & hurting herself & not realising, so I started putting mittens on she'd flick them off & pull her hair!!!

Still now while I am feeding her, she grabs her hair with her hands & pulls it across her eyes & falls asleep, if she starts grabbing at her hair i put her down to sleep, coz it's her tired signs too!!!

I also took her on Monday to get ears checked as she seemed grizzlier & everyone else commented on her hair pulling being an ear infection (I deep down knew it was her tired sign & not an ear infection), but that self doubt as a Mum was forced on me so i took her, to be told all clear!

So nope she sounds normal to me!!!

pamba Guest

thankyou all for your input,you have put my mind at ease, i was beginning to think she had a behaviour problem,i will take her to see the gp & get her ears checked,hopefully tho its like you said its probably a tired sign .