Thread: why is my 10 week old awake more during the day now?

Default why is my 10 week old awake more during the day now?

My 10 week old son has just started to interact over the last 3 weeks or so with smiles and noises. I make sure he has tummy time when he has a feed, but I obviously wait a while so his food goes down first. But I have noticed the last 3 mornings he only has about an hour tops of sleep. Is this normal at his age? How many sleeps and for how long should he be getting during the day at the 3 months mark? He sleeps well at night, getting from midnight till about 7ish.

You will notice that from here on in that he will be awake for longer periods between sleep now and it is normal for him to maybe have several 1hr or longer sleeps during the day now. I *think* from memory that around this age they sleep roughly 18hrs per day, but obviously some will sleep more and others less.

Mias sleep changed about this time too. She was lucky to have an hour. Tho at 2.5 months he prob cant handle being awake for more than and hour, so it doesnt really matter how long he sleeps as long as he has a recharge. Im surre he would let u know if hes tired. I found this age hard, coz they arnt as interested in toys so its harder to keep them entertained while they are awake. Keep persisting, sounds like your doing a great job.. he will shock u one day when u expect him to wake up and he sleeps for hours lol. All bubs are different, so just go with his ques

Many babies will cut down to only two sleeps a day around the 10-12 week mark, where previously they were probably having three.
    Very normal
    You might find it easier to start putting him down for his first sleep mid-morning and then the second one in the early afternoon.
    Transitioning sleeps is a bit of a hit and miss affair and it can take a week or two for your baby to reorganise himself

My bub stopped taking long naps at 10 weeks and now has about 4-5 half hour naps in the day. She generally has about an hour and fifteen minutes of awake time and then 30 min nap and then we start over. Its very tiring, but I am just running with it at the moment.

If he's sleeping at night, then just run with his rhythm for the day!

My first Daughter sounds exactly the same as anna's.

she used to get a fair few naps in the day ranging from 20-40 mins in length. (Just enough time to do the housework) So i know how you feel anna.

I think its great that your baby is sleeping 7 hours straight! Thats amazing of him and you Maybe you can try adjusting the thought that your baby is now an awake member of the family now and not a sleepy one anymore, so you can treasure any rest he gets!