Thread: Whyyyyyy

Default Whyyyyyy

Why is it that dd will go straight to bed at night, 7pm, awake and self settle herself without a peep, but no matter HOW tired she is during the day, she will NOT go to sleep by herself, and will only sleep if I sing to her for half an hour, or more. gr!

I have the same problem in reverse, I feel for ya

I can't help with why she self settles, but maybe maximising her mummy cuddles for why she won't.

I have the same problem in reverse too... I don't have any advice, but I do sympathise and hope it will improve for us all!!

Some babies need a pitch black room to sleep Annabelle was like that

Would offer advice but P is pretty good with day sleeps as well, generally he puts himself to sleep if he's tired.
    It'll get better! Xx

My DD did exactly this and I never understood it. Then all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago she was really squirmy when I rocked/hummed for day sleeps, so I put her down in the cot. She just popped her fingers in her mouth and went off to sleep. She now does it for say 9 out of 10 day sleeps. It just kicked in all of sudden. I admit I kinda miss the rocking her in my arms! Might kick in for Harlee one day too? (Who almost share's my DD's name - we are minus the H!)