Thread: Wind

Default Wind

Just looking for some tips on how to help bubs pass wind.
    Last couple days she looks in pain when it comes along and looks like she is really unconfortable and pushing hard. She gets it out eventually but just wondering if there are some tips to help, at the moment I just rub her tummy to try to help her pass it.
    Thanks.

I do burp her regularly she has no prob there its more the other end she has trouble pushing out the wind. Will have to try the fitball.

Baby massage is a fantastic way to help with wind, as well as keeping them slightly upright for a while after they feed. Cooled boiled water can sometimes help in a bottle as well.

Livia was a shocker for this......I literally had to wind and burp her every 3 mins......over the shoulder pat pat pat for 10 mins..........

Charlie was weight bearing from a new born and his best burping position was standing up on my lap......(odd child, LOL!)

Lexie seems to be efficient and does it herself, but if she does seem all scrunched up from wind, I pop her over my shoulder and pat pat and wander around: the motion seems to help get it up...........

Hi ,
    im not sure if you were after natural ways of relieving baby wind , or actual products.
    But - Aneta was always great at burping and farting - but always cried after a feed, we starting giving her Infacol Wind Drops ( after I checked with every chemist in the area that it was safe ) and from that time on she is a different baby - the time between feeds we spend with a happy baby , who only cries when she is hungry or tired
    HTH