Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish Me Luck..Pead Appoint

Good luck hun!

Hope it all went well

Kate how did u and Bella go?

hj..I was just thinking the same thing....
    how did the paeds appt go??

Thanks Everyone!

Just back home after the appointment. Dr Garrick is very nice and he was very good with Bella.
    We have to have an x-ray of her skull tomorrow at the hospital to see how her plates in her head are situated and see if they still have room to move, then we will get a referal to the Childrens Hospital to the Helmet clinic to measure her up and just have a look at her, then we wait for a few more months to see weather her head will round off by itself and if not then back to the helmet clinic to have a helmet made for her to wear when she is sleeping - she can just be normal during the day.

I feel ok about it - I broke down in tears in his office but he said to me that from what he has felt in her head and what he has seen in the past that he thinks that her head may round out by itself.

So thats where we are at at the moment... I feel positive and also down at the same time! If she has to have a helmet then thats what will have to happen - it will be better than her getting to 1 or 2 and having to have an operation due to the plates in her head having fused together in the wrong spots.

Now its a bit of a waiting game but thats ok. He also did a general look over her and she is perfect in evey other way so thats great to hear.

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes...

Need a coffee and some choccie now!

Kate xox

Kate - enjoy ur coffee and chocolate - u deserve it! and that wasnt bad news at all! and if little Bella has to wear a helmet than its only of a night time so even thats not so bad!
    waiting games arnt fun - but keep positive and all will be fine!
    and DONT ever feel bad about any of this! its not ur fault - as my child health care nurse said about Bianca who is a little flat on one side - its just something that happens when u do the "right" thing and put them on their backs to prevent sids!!!!
    And like u said - u have gotten onto it early so at least u are saving her they pain and stress of surgery later on in life if it dosent fix itself up!
    Your a good mummy, doing the best u can - just remember that

aww hun enjoy your coffee!!!!
    you are a good mum and don't ever forget that!!!!

Thanks HJ!
    Yeah even of she has to wear a helmet all the time day and night then I would rather it be now while she is little and will not remeber / be teased than when she is bigger and I certainly dont want her to have an operation if we can avoid it.

It just brings it all into perspective a bit whne you start talking about operations.

Thanks again for your kind words..

Kate xox

Thanks Katones!! xox

no worries hun!!!
    keep your chin up and enjoy your little girl now..they grow up way to fast!!!

Aw hun I completely missed your update!

I'm so glad everything went well and the paed decided to wait it out. You have HEAPS of time for her head to round out! Jazzy's head, well you pretty much can't even tell it was wonky before, she has a little spot where its a bit funny but i secretly (lol) compare her head to other babies her age and some babies have pretty funny shaped heads anyway so jazzy's little quirk is barely noticable (except to her mummies who freak out a bit LOL). Once she has hair though it'll cover it over and no one will ever know... unless she shaves her head hahahahaha.

Feel free to chat to me if you have any questions. Jazzy's head rounded out with positioning only, and would probably be even better had we gone to an osteo/chiro. She has no deformation of her facial features, her face is symetrical (well, as symetrical as faces get lol) and she has even jaw movement etc so it hasn't impacted on any of that. So it can be done with a helmet. BUT like you said, at least its not an operation. I kept telling myself that after the x-rays too... nothing is fused, at least she doesn't need an operation. A helmet is like a ray of sunshine compared to the prospect of an operation!

Thanks Leesh!
    I have not heard about the x-rays yet but he was looking at them at the hospy yesterday and the way i see it if it was bad he would have called us..

Gottav see the paed in 6 weeks and then the royal childrens helmet clinic but i am ok with it now..

Thanks for thinking of me Leesh...

Kate xox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12