Thread: wont go to sleep!

Colleen Guest

Default wont go to sleep!

Jaykob has been refusing to go to bed the past few nights, he is currently out in the car with his dad because its the only way he will get to sleep!

I know he has just got two molars but really! Friday night it was til 1am and Im going insane!

Any suggestions?

** I havent been giving him panadol and Im trying to avoid it **

Colleen, You poor luv...And poor Jaykob too. You guys must be stuffed. 8-[

If you don't want to give him Panadol, then maybe you could try some Brauers Teething relief or Bonjela, if you think that the new teeth are the problem?? That might help??

Sorry I couldn't think of much... HTH..

Or maybe you could try him sleeping with you for a little bit, if you wanted to do that?? But then again that might start a bad habit 8-[

Colleen Guest

Hes co-slept with us plenty of times, he did full time co sleep til 6 months pretty much but he still wont settle in our bed... Ive tried lol

Hes still awake. hes in his cot crying I just had to get away from him for 5 mins. I gave him teething stuff so im hoping it will kick in.... Hes just SOOO upset

I can feel a sick day coming on for me from work tommorrow, Im gonna be stuffed :s

Oh Colleen you poor chook, and poor Jaykob too.
    I was up all night last night with Ryan, so i can understand your frustration hun.
    I can totally understand you not wanting to give him panodol, but if it gets you both some rest, it might be worth a try.
    I hope you both get some sleep soon

I don't have any suggestions but was just wondering why you wanted to avoid panadol???......

Colleen Guest

just that i dont want to rely on panadol.

He ended up getting to sleep eventually I think the frustration was partly due to my own tiredness as well. Im having tommorrow off work so I will be able to catch up on some sleep and hopefully get things back on track !

awww I hope you get some rest Colleen. I have no answers for you as we have had sleep issues that continue. Although they do get easier it takes a lot of consistency for some kids. Matilda is a routine woman, she loves knowing what happens next & the past week has actually taken her self to bed after saying "night night" to all the dogs in the house.... So it can get easier, not that we still aren't up 2-3 times in the middle of the night, but going to bed is easier.