Thread: won't sit in the pram anymore!!!

turtle Guest

Default won't sit in the pram anymore!!!

Hi there,
    I have a 13 months old baby boy, who is very active and loves to walk around. He now refuses to sit in our pram, especially when we go to shopping centres or any shops. Because he is a skinny baby, he can easily get out of his pram by wringling out of the seatbelt.
    I adjusted his harness and it still does not hold him.
    He can also get out of his own high chair too.

Would welcome any suggestions or tips....
    Thank you.
    ](*,)

mooshie Guest

oh i was reading a tip just the other day from one of the parenting magazines - sorry i buy them all can't remember each one, but i think the general idea was the woman put the straps under the childs clothing iykwim - apparently it worked for her.

good luck

oh yes... Matilda is an extreme active child & we barely use the pram for anything other than longer walks (when she's really tired)

We do a few things:

1. use the shopping trolleys for the entire trip...the straps in them seem to hold them in better sometimes. During the trip use morning tea/arvo tea time and feed them independant food (Matilda gets a bakery bag with a bacon & cheese roll for our weekly shop)

2. When they learn how to undo the straps continue working on it & have a few trial runs where you can leave if they tantrum. ie tell them they have to stay in the seat & if they don't you will leave. And then leave if they don't.

3. When going out for shopping go to a westfield where they have the ride on cars (Matilda LOVES these) she'll stay in them for over an hour :shock:

4. always bring a bag of distractions to use BEFORE they try to get out.

Good luck!!

I'm going to have to try these Christy!! Zander is starting to squirm now, trying to get out. He'll be walking very soon then I think we're going to have more problems!

Yep we have massive issues with going shopping and we bought a doodle pro like a mini etch a sketch that has a pen like thing (if any of this makes sense LOL) and it will keep Matilda occupied for almost 20 minutes!!! So I always bring things like stickers & stick them on her and food to hand out over the time. I usually just bring a massive amount of snacks like sultanas, cereal and things like that and work our way around....

But the westfield cars are the best things for Matilda EVER.... she loves driving her car.

I saw those cars at Garden City shopping centre the other week Christy... and I thought OMG Aidyn would LOVE them! I havent seen them at Indooroopilly unfortunately which is where we go, but maybe I should ask anyway. I'm sure they would make shopping much more pleasurable!