Thread: Worming!

Default Worming!

I was just wondering at what age you should worm your children ( ewww sounds horrid!)

We have just got a dog who has never been wormed ( he is being wormed this weekend as I was not aware that he had not been!!!!!!) But Kaitlyn has in true toddler fashion been sneaking away and stealing his toys to eat!...needless to say this made me wonder about worm transfer ( if the dog was even to have worms which I dont think he does)

I always thought you would just worm a child if you suspected worms but am a little worried now as we have not had a dog before so want to be sure.

Plus she goes to daycare as well so I guess his adds in another factor.

To worm or not to worm ?

I would worm her just to err on the side of caution. I always use combantrin chocolate aquares cause the kids have no idea what they are being treated for LOL. Also it can be given the children as young as 1 yo too. But you will have to treat the whole family because it is so easy to catch as the eggs are microscopic. Also you are advised to wash all linen from beds and towels etc in hot water to kill any that may have transferred. Another tip cause she goes to daycare is to keep her fingernails short and make sure you wash under them in the bath to try to minimise the risk of her catching them.

Thanks girls ..looks like I will be worming the family tonight!.

HOw often do you have to do it?.

I usually do it about every six months or so, but lately Paige seems to be getting them more often than that for some reason - so we get done quite regularly here