Thread: worried-4 months 3 weeks

mum2billyjoseph Guest

Default worried-4 months 3 weeks

Hi my DS is 4 Months and 3 Weeks and I went to our regular mummy meeting during the week and saw that the other babies there are making alot more noise than my son is.. my DS is a month younger than them all but even at home he doesnt really talk to himself as much as he use to.I have heard him laugh 3 times and he does roll over, smile alot and do everything else but i just dont hear many noises come out. he makes wet razzing sounds with his mouth but im starting to get worried that something is wrong.. Im going to se my clinic nurse next Thursday and I will mention this, but when do they acutally start making tuneful noises??
    Thanks

I say don't stress too much! As I have quickly learnt from this site - all babies are so different. Some are noisier, some crawl earlier, some have more teeth, some eat more, they are all individuals and I wouldn't be too concerned. My daughter is 9 months old and babbles a bit, but not that much either. I am sure he will make up for it one day! Just think, if they were all the same life would be a bit boring wouldn't it?

The worst thing about playgroup/mothers group etc is comparing. It's really hard not to, but its' important to realise that all bubs are different and it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Wait until they're sitting, crawling, walking etc, there's always a few that are later and the mums worry. It's not worth it. If you're worried, see your early childhood centre and they will probably tell you all is normal. Just try not to compare.
    Having a 7 year old, i can tell you I don't remember much at all about her as a baby, but at the time, when she laughed, crawled, rolled etc was all important. Now she's in school, you wouldn't know which was the kids that crawled first, talked first etc, because they can all do it now!!!! I try to remember this with my second and just let her develop how she wants. And this time, i'd rather she take her time!! It all goes to fast..

Sal Guest

Meg, those are the wisest words I've read on the topic! Thank you I will keep all this in perspective as I hear about/see other bubs doing much more 'advanced' things. Funny how we *almost gloat* about things our bub does early but worry about things they may appear to be slower at.

Charlie has only just started tuneful noises at 10 months........up till recently he never made any noise at all.....I think he was too busy concentrating on crawling etc. Now he has mastered the crawling he has started to concentrate on the verbal stuff.

Conversely, Olivia didn't move until she was was 12 months (and even then it was only very cautious bottom shuffling) but was stringing 2 word sentances together.

Just goes to show how different they are!

Do you have an 8 month hearing test where you live? (It seems to vary state to state......) Either way, maybe request one early and this will most likely put your mind at ease..........)

Like the other ladies have already said...All babies develop at their own pace and do things when they are ready to do things. Sammy hasnt been a very noisy baby though I have seen other babys that do piercing squeals! Please dont stress. Your bubba will start experimenting with noises soon enough.

Jo

Ditto to all as above!
    I also have a 7yr old & she is no different really to the other 7 yr olds, yet she was doing everything early, Indah on the other hand is less interested in crawling, she slithers like a snake super fast, but wont do more than 2 proper crawls before dropping & slithering... Maddy was alking around furniture at sam,e age, so they are all different & all perfect in their won ways!!!

As Meg says it all goes WAY too fast!!! I am relishing in my baby being a baby this time!!!!

Don't worry your little one will be doing the same as all the others in his own good time. I agree Mothers Groups are the worst (even though I LOVE going to our group) for others to compare and 'gloat' about their einsteins. All the bubs in our group are nearly 2 and it still happens, this one can say the alphabet, this one can count to 10, this one knows all the colours of the rainbow etc but at the end of the day each child develops at their own pace. Just enjoy your baby and enjoy the time you get to teach them about their world at their pace.