Thread: Would you believe.......

Default Would you believe.......

Your 3 year old when they say someone has bitten them ?

Not sure what to think. Kimberley went to kindy at lunch time and came home with a mark on her face which i thought it was just a little bit of paint. She's just had her bath and the mark is still there on her face. This is how everything went after that.

Me: what did you do to it?
    Kimberley: Boy did it
    Me: which boy?
    Kimberley: Spiderman boy did it.
    Me: What did he do?
    Kimberley: He bite my cheek.
    Me: Did the teacher see and tell him off?
    Kimberley: Yes

We went through this a couple of times and i got the same reply. If this did happen and it was seen by a teacher i would at least thought they could have told me unless she is making it up.
    I just don't know what to think.

Id be pretty surprised if she just made that up.... Is it actually a bite mark? Or might he have tried to kiss her or similar but managed to get it wrong? I dont know. I would be inclined to ask the teacher next time you see them.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Maybe you could have a chat with the kindy teacher and ask her if it really did happen? Atleast then you know if she's telling the truth or not and if it did happen then maybe ask why nothing was said to you about it??

at our kindy the teacher will say but wont say which child did it. Maybe mention it to them tomorrow

Love

I'll have to call them to ask as i won't get to see them until next Monday as she only goes one afternoon a week. I'm not worried which child just the fact it could have happened and maybe no one saw it happen. She's now told me she was playing farm animals with this boy.

Keen - It's just a little red mark on her face no teeth marks. I asked DH to ask her once he got home and she said the same thing to him.

I would definitely believe it. I used to work in a child care centre & it happened a lot. I agree, they won't tell you who did it. They probably should have told you about it when you picked her up IMO though.

I think it sounds true too Michelle, and I would call andask if the teaher knew about it. If she did maybe she just ran out of time to tell you or forgot. Lucky it didn't break the skin, but it would be a good idea to check hat happened cosif she didn't know then she prob needs to

Michelle,
    I would be calling up the Kindy first thing in the morning. Something like that should have been reported to you. I would be mega-peeved, not so much that the child bit Kimberley, but because they didn't tell you about it & if they didn't know it happened, then that's a whole new kettle of fish!

Michelle, I'd believe Kimberley too. The same thing happened to Noah at pre school about 2 months ago, and of course nobody saw it happen. I understande that there are lots of kids at school and that their eyes can't be everywhere but I saw this red mark as soon as I picked him up. Noah is very fair to so marks arereally noticable. He told me who did it and what happened so I addressed the teachers the next time he wasthere. The boy that did it is known for being abit norty so it wasn't too hard for them to believe it.

In our school they are supposed to fill out an incident report form and keep a copy for themselves and send a copy home with the child. I would definately call the school, sooner rather than later before they gets a chance to"forget" about it.

I called the kindy this morning and they knew nothing about it. They did say if one of the other kids had seen it they normally tell someone but maybe no one saw it. I did say she might have been making it up but she doesn't think so as she kept saying the same thing over again.
    They are going to ask Kimberley on Monday if she can show them which boy did it i don't think she will say much as she is very shy around them and they said that also that she never talks to them other than to ask to do a painting.

I guess it's a relief to know that they would have told you if they knew. Not much can be done now, the boy has probably forgotten all about it. I hope it doesn't happen again

At least if Kimberley can pick out the boy they can be sure to watch out for it, and if she is shy then that's prob why she didn't tell them. Good on you for ringing you did the right thing