Thread: Yet another poo question LOL

kirsty_lee Guest

Default Yet another poo question LOL

Hey ladies,
    Just a quick question and a bit of background info too to help with the answer. Ava-Jayde is on formula now and she is also teething atm so lots and lots of drool, more puking than normal LOL and over the past two days green poo. It's not constant green poo like yesterday she had 2 greens the rest mustard, this morning green. But they are soooooo smelly lol smelliest poos she's had. So my question is, anything to be concerned about? Can it just be from teething? etc.. any advice would be much appreciated. OHH also, she doesnt appear to be straining hard, it's not hurting her, the only time she's crying is with her teeth. I've been given teething tablets to give her (Hylands brand) cause apparently she's not old enough for gel? (which astounds me that i can give her a tablet but not gel *shrugs) but the green poo was coming before i gave her the tablets so it's not from that ... and shes also been having panadol...

Hi Kirsty_Lee,

Green poo is normal for FF babies, they are not able to absorb all of the iron content in the formula and so the body gets rid of it in their poo. Mustard/curdy poo's are normal for BF babies as the iron is more easily digestable (sp). As for teething the poo's just seem to become more runny and acidic in my case..still green tho lol

Hope this helps!

KL, Hansie has given a great answer. Poos can be all sorts of colours without it being a problem.

Hansie's right.
    Teething poo's can give bad nappy rash. There is more ammonia in their wee or something & it reacts with something in their poo & hurts pretty bad. I don't know exactly how it works, but I had problems with DD1.

kirsty_lee Guest

Thanks girls, you's have defiantely put my mind at ease