Thread: Your Child's Fave/Security Toy

Default Your Child's Fave/Security Toy

Hi All,

My daughter - Jessica (20 months), has this Piglet that is from the Soft N Silly range, about 30cm in length and it's her prized possession. She takes it absolutely everywhere with her and she sleeps with it, snuggles up to it, kisses it, takes it for walks in her dolly's pram, you name it. Even if she hurts herself, she calls out for Piggy first and then Mummy later on!

I'm just interested to know what security items other babies have latched onto?

Jayne

ATM Ella is obsessed with this little purple, plastic ball???!!!!! She carries it all around the house with her. But at bedtime she won't sleep without her wrap and her dummy

eliana loves her "flat teddy" made by britt - it is so soft & i've had a few scares when i thought id lost it

I kind of change the toys every week or so,as I dont want her too attached to one thing incase it breaks or gets lost...

She has a floppy dog which she chews on alot & a hairy troll doll she tickles her own face with, but if they arent around she doesnt notice!!!

Zander has two favourites -

Ted, which is a lue teddy bear, about 10cm tall with "baby's first Chritmas" on it. He has an organza ribbon roun his next which has been chewed to shreds and a gold hook thing (for the Christmas tree I assume) & it gets chewed a bit too. Ted absolutely has to be in bed with him or no sleeping for Zander. He usually brings him out of a morning as well which means mummy has to hunt for him when it's sleep time!

His other is Claude. Claude is a purple rumple cat (Remember rumple bears from about 10yrs ago? Well Claude is the cat version). He gets dragged around & taken all sorts of places, he almost cam to dinner tonight with us! He goes to bed with every night with Zander & Ted.

Claude is more of the carry round the house favourite, where Ted is the sleeping favourite!

Louis doesn't have a toy but has his dummy and blanky for bedtimes. Now when he gets tired he grabs onto the blanket on the couch and trys to cuddle it like he's blanky in the cot. So cute...

Tehya has ME!!! She likes her dummy, but doesn't neeeed it as such. She doesn't take any sort of security item to bed or anywhere for that matter.

As long as she has ME she is fine

Amber just loves sucking on her Bert's head (Bert & Ernie)

Actually, come to think of it - she loves to suck anything she can get her hands on, be it my mobile, her dad's toe, the remote control - oh yes, it's time to baby proof the surrounds!

Paige has a pink blanket and will cart it everywhere with her. We have to take it to Ma-Ma's when they stay over there and we even took it on holiday. When I wash it, she will stand at the clothesline and hang on to the corner of it. Erin had a toy dog that she will still sleep with sometimes and Lindsay had his 'Sleeping Ted' which was a teddy in a blue sleep suit and the sleep hat.

Harry has 'Blue', a blue floppy dog that he was given when he was 3 months old and became attached to. He now has 2 of them as I bought one for a spare but he found it one day and now he carts both of them off to bed with him every night. But the first one is still his favourite.

Grace has several teddies and soft toys that she likes to sleep with, she is not really attached to one in particular. She loooves her dummy though LOL.

Kameron's is a blanket that my best friend made him, but he will only have it when he is tired or going to bed or if he is sitting on the lounge and says he is cold.

Lachlan's is a teddy that came attached to flowers sent to me from Cailin when he was born. He will NOT sleep without that teddy and carries it around alot during the day as well. Every so often he will take it to playgroup with him as well, but as soon as he puts it down i put it in my bag so we don't loose it. All hell breaks loose when teddy has to be washed.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma has a soft baby toy. She LOVES her baby. We introduced it so she will have a baby as well when Jasmine is born. Shes so cute with it and gives it a bottle and kisses and cuddles!

Yasin loves his old muslin wrap - luckily we have 3 so if he loses one its no biggy and we can get them washed without dramas.
    If he is tired and I haven't put him to bed he will get his wrap and wait around with it.

Melinda Guest

Jacob loves his Winnie The Pooh. It's one that actually talks/sings songs etc, but since it's a bed buddy, I have it switched off. But he is really attached to that ATM.

Olivia has a little brown teddy (from the Cancer Council fundraiser from 2 years ago) which she ADORES and will NOT sleep without....(I bought another one this year, JIC!!) He has a little daffodil emroidered on his foot, and she strokes her own head with it when she is snuggling down........

She also is pretty keen on "Belly Bear" which is a pink patchwork teddy which the lovely Mods bought for her when she was sick in hospital last year........Belly Bear must be positioned correctly on her bed, or all hell breaks lose!

Charlie is keen on his Eeee-Orr which has a teething ring attached to it.......he carries it around in his mouth and chews it in bed.....and I know when he wakes because I can hear him laughing as he shakes the life out of poor Eeee-Orrr........