Thread: Your say on baby products!!

muma Guest

Question Your say on baby products!!

Tell me what you think is the best product.
    Dummies:
    Nuk
    happy baby
    heinz
    (can you think of any more)
    my son likes his nuk dummies but i think im starting to like heinz ones now( they glow in the dark and so easy to find hehe)
    Bottles:
    Nuk
    heinz
    I prefer nuk but do have some heinz
    Clothes:
    Bonds
    target/k-mart/big w brands
    pumpkin patch+designer outfits
    I use them all i think there all really good
    Shoes:
    should you put shoes on a young child?? i dont put shoes on my little one what about you??
    Hats:
    Beanies
    bonnets
    flop hats- they just look so cute one my little man.
    caps

This isnt a product but what would you suggest to a new mum?
    do you put your new born child into a basinet or a cot??
    My 9 week old is still in a basinet, but my mates 4week old is in a cot??? have you say because everyone is different and i would like to hear everyones appinion about baby products. tell me bout other products because i clearly havnt said half of them. Thanks please post asap.

Just moving this to general baby and toddler discussion.

muma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherie
    Just moving this to general baby and toddler discussion.
    thanks im new to this, i didnt no how to put in any other.
    how did you move it

Nuk look the prettiest in my opioion, but the dummy shields are quire small, and a lot of babies have been choking on them lately, because they've ended up with the whole think in their mouths.

the happy baby ones are great, they're cheap and last no less time than the more expensive ones.

Bottles - doesn't really matter function wise, its more the teats. Milo has used the winne the pooh bottles from target, and pur teats since we stopped breastfeeding. I don't like wide mouth bottles at all, we use the normal ones

We like all clothes, and hats. Especially when they're presents!

There is a thread on clothing brands in the General baby & toddler discussion, that talks about brnads a bit more.

My sone didn't have a bassinett - which is a good thing cos he'd have outgrown it length wise in uder 8 weekd. He outgrew his valco cocoon inn 6 weeks.

He had a hammock which he slept in at night and occasionally in the day, for a week or so. After that it was about half/half between the cot and the hammock, but mainly the cot. He just like it, and our room is right next door, so he was not too far away.

muma Guest

My baby is still in our room,
    i use any bottles as long as they got nuk teats, and they are all anti colic teats, the heinz ones are a little bit harder and should be better for juice when his older.

Dummies:
    Indah was given a Collingwood one (I think Nuk) when born & she occasionally crawls arounf finds it & pops it in.. She never sleeps during the vday with a dummy, but the Collingwood dummy is in her cot at night JIC... so i dont have to get up!!!She does have another purple, green Nuk dummy in her room too somewhere & she finds it & uses it at times, but isnt dependant on a dummy.

Bottles:
    Booby or Avent, when I was still expressing..

Clothes:
    I find I get too many clothes (gifts) for newborn-6mths stage & half never get worn. I ahve many many varied clothes!

Shoes:
    My sister bought us some cool soft bottomed sneakers, but they are a PITA to put on to a baby so I never botherd & now she still isnt walking so no shoes!

Hats:
    I dont bother, not with a baby, but as Summer is approaching again she will get a cap for sun protection..

*Also she went directly into a cot, we dont have a bassinette & so went into her own room into her cot the very first night at home & been there happily ever since!

muma Guest

so you dont have her in your room with you or not even when she was born.??
    wow
    lachlan is in my room in basinet 9 weeks, i dont think i want him to go in his own room not til at least 6months, when i no his sleeping right through and just coz i dunno im to clingy lol

We've just moved Zac into his own room!

Dummies, he likes the tommee tippe cherry ones.

Bottles, any kind of bottle, but with the pur teats.
    Clothes, what is nice, doesn't really matter to me what brand they are, they grow so quick anyway.
    Shoes, never bothered with shoes until he could walk, apart from those soft little slippers, now he either wears his little joggers or a pair of scuffs.
    Hats, if it's cold Zac wears his beanie or if it's sunny he will wear a hat, funny bugger though once we get inside or in the car, he pulls them off!!

Zaccie was in a bassinette till he was about mmm 5 months I think!

muma Guest

thanks again for new replies

muma Guest

hey thank you for new reply posts. means heaps you guys are interested in my posts. i love talking to all people on bb they have made me learn new things. and ive enjoyed helping other people

Hi!

Dummies - Avent

Clothes - All types but I love bonds

Louis only wears a beanie in winter and sunhat in summer.

I still haven't put shoes on Louis for outside although we've been given a few pairs now so will soon. He's just starting to take a few steps so the time is coming around quickly. It is best for bubbas to mainly not be in shoes anyway. He hates having them on his feet so much!

We had Louis in his cot in his room from the beginning. Bubba on the way though will go into a bassinette in our room as we're only in a two bedroom unit. Once they outgrow that they will both sleep in the same room and bubba 2 will go into the cot and Louis will transition into a big bed!

Hope that helps!

Fee Guest

Dummies
    Cooper won't take a dummy and I'm not really a fan anyway. But everyone I know recommends "Happy Baby". So I bought one just in case - but Cooper won't have it.

Bottles
    Cooper is breastfed.

Clothes
    I like Bonds and Target.

Shoes
    I haven't put shoes on Cooper yet. Just socks! I might buy some shoes for him soon - he'll be going to a wedding next month! A special occasion!

Hats
    I'm on the hunt for a sun hat. Cooper does have a few little beanies which I think are just adorable but it hasn't really been cold enough here to wear them. And next winter he'll be so much bigger. I think beanies look gorgeous on newborn babies.

We put Cooper in his own room in a cot from the day we brought him home. He sleeps very well through the night.

angelfish Guest

Dummies:

I only used them for a couple of months with one of my children, and we just got the Happy Baby because they were cheaper. She thought it was fine, although some people have said their baby only likes one sort.
    Bottles:
    Don't have much experience here either. #1 had bottled EBM for a while but we just used my SIL's old bottles so I didn't do any research on which are the best to choose.
    Clothes:
    We get all our childrens clothes given to us (mostly second hand, but occasionally the grandparents buy them something new) so my answer would have to be that it's all good since we don't have to buy it! I have to admit that the Pumpkin Patch things seem to be good (at first I though they were just posh waste of money clothes, but now we have some that were secondhand when we got them, both kids have worn a lot and they still look good sitting in the cupboard waiting for baby #3). There are three sorts of clothes I dislike: horrible 100% manmade fabric, especially synthetic sleepwear, because it made them hot and uncomfortable; baby overalls or all in ones that don't have nappy access, so you have to take it right off for every change; and outfits with pictures, logos etc I don't like.
    Shoes:
    should you put shoes on a young child?? We avoided shoes as long as possible. Milly is almost 15 months and only in the last couple of months she has started wearing shoes and boots for walking outside. They are always barefoot inside and on the lawn.
    Hats:
    I love the C-Wear hats. They give the best sun protection (my kids are very light skinned).

Can't really answer this one, it's such an individual choice. Both ours started out co-sleeping. #1 moved into a bassinet for a while, then a cot in our room, then cot in his room, but he hated that so it wasn't long before we promoted him to a bed. #2 never used the bassinet (it was reclaimed from long-term loan by its owners who wanted to give it to a new grandchild!), she is now in a cot most of the time, but still co-sleeps quite often if she is sick, unsettled etc.
    Last edited by angelfish; September 9th, 2006 at 10:49 PM.

Jodie259 Guest

Dummies:
    I'm not sure of the brand, but sleep school suggested I give my baby the dummies that have a round 'knob' on the end (rather than nipple shaped) - so they don't fall out during his sleep, and he can get a good suck on them. Having said that, I'm not breastfeeding so I didn't have to worry about 'nipple confusion'
    Bottles:
    Avent - without a doubt.
    Clothes:
    Bonds - I hated the really tight hands on their body/wonder suits - but everything else is great!
    target/k-mart/big w brands - great!! not too expensive, fairly good quality, often on special!
    pumpkin patch+designer outfits - I can't justify the cost when they grow out of them sooo quickly!
    Shoes:
    should you put shoes on a young child?? I put little soft shoes on my son when we go out and he's got footless pants on. He's not walking, so it's only for 'decor' but it keeps his socks on, and it 'completes' his outfit. And they look so cute! My hubby bought DS a pair of leather puma shoes!
    Hats:
    My son can't stand hats, and we have been given sooo many of them as gifts! Although it's winter, I don't have my son out in the cold. The only hat he wears has little 'ears' on them, and ties - to tie under his chin! All other hats fall off his head, or cover his eyes.

We put our son in a basinet in our bedroom for the first 11 weeks. I had a c/s so I didn't want to be getting up and walking around the house a hundred times a day. And his bedroom is at the far end of the house. I hated the thought of him crying for ages before I could get to him. I loved the basinette in our room, and he loved it too. It was also cold with winter, so I didn't like the idea of walking around the house in sub-zero degrees, or his room being too hot or too cold. I was concerned about him adjusting to his cot - which he's been in for 4+ weeks but he's fine with it. He spreads his arms out and he's had no trouble sleeping in it. Although I have to get up during the night, it's not as often as when he was a newborn.