Thread: 4 Month Needles - reactions?

Default 4 Month Needles - reactions?

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced off behaviour when their bubs had their immunisations?
    My boy had his 4 month needles yesterday morning, he seemed really good & brave at the time, then from about yesterday afternoon and all today, he's been sleeping lots, feeding less, not had a dirty nappy (he usually always does one a day), and lots and lots of crying & general unhappiness.
    Is this normal? Do babies get constipated from their needles? I'm not sure if he's crying cos he's in pain or he just feels off?

There are a plethora of reactions to vaccinations. I'd report it to your Dr and make sure they submit it.

the rotavirus (oral) vaccine can give tummy issues. not sure if constipation is one of them.

Did you get any literature on common reactions? I haven't heard of constipation either, but it doesn't sound like he's necessarily constipated anyway...
    Personally I'd be more concerned about less feeding. Is he still having wet nappies? The less feeding could be because he has sore legs. When they kick their legs it's bound to hurt so I'd be pretty irritable too.
    I'm not wanting to downplay your concern - if you are worried, take him back to the drs. But I have always expected some irritability within 24 hours of vaccinations. Generally though my girls have coped very well and have gotten by with extra cuddles and haven't needed analgesia or anything.
    I hope he picks up and is back to his normal self soon.

My little man (also Ryan) was like this after his 2 months needles...not looking forward to the 4 month needles he will be having on Tuesday. I was told that if they react bad at the 2 month needles they usually will be ok with the 4 month ones but i'm not quite sure about that.

Hope your little one is feeling better soon and is back to his usual happy self soon