Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldi Nappies

Default Aldi Nappies

I've been told the nappies from Aldi are really good so I went and got some and they were just so crappy so I took them back. Then someone else said they have/had 2 different types of nappies. So has anyone used them and found them to be good and if so, which ones are they? What's on the packet?

I have only used the Mammia ones from Aldi and didn't like them at all. They leaked all the time.

Heaps of people had recommended Aldi nappies to me. I've only seen the Mamia ones, I thought they were good at first but then they gave DD nappy rash - we mainly use huggies and she has NEVER got nappy rash with them! So, we won't be using Aldi ones again!

We use the Mamia ones and find them really good. They come in different coloured packaging (for different sizes) and have pictures of smiling babies on them. I guess each bub is different, so a nappy that works well for one may be useless on another and vice versa... We tried several brands of nappies before settling on the Aldi ones as some leaked and some gave DD rashes, etc, but the Aldi ones work for us.

DoubleK Guest

ive only seen the Mamia(sp?) ones, they are great!
    i've never liked huggies or snugglers but love baby love! i guess its trial and error, like all brands.

Yeah I think it was the Mamia ones i tried and found they leaked. Nuts! I was hoping to save some dollars instead of buying Huggies all the time!

I like the medium size ones for my 2 year old, but for Sofia I prefer huggies/coles,

I used to usa Aldi Mamia on Chelsea with no problems...but they were hopeless on Jasmine. Leaks, dont hold the poo...terrible.

Coles love baby ones are the best?!

Enchanted Guest

I like the Mamia ones but don't often get to Aldi. I found the Baby Love ones aren't any good for us. I have found though that Baby Love are great for girls and not so much for boys.

I guess it just depends on your bubs though as to what will work Good luck with finding the right ones.

I use ALdi and huggies if they are on special - the baby love and the you love coles both gave jake nappy rash and the coles ones leak really badly. I have tried one snugglers that a friend gave me and was impressed with them - they are made by kimberly clark who make huggies I think.

We loved Mamia nappies - they were the only ones that didn't give Molly rash. We're quite disappointed we are nowhere near an Aldi now...

we use cloth in the day , but aldi nappies at night ... so far no probs ... we like the price and for us they dont leak ...

I love the aldi ones

We either use Aldi, babylove, huggies (only recently coz they were on special) and cosifits... I prefer aldi and cosifits as they dont really cost the earth and you get a fair amount, we get 76 cosifits for $20, compared to huggies who can range from $30-$48 here...

If we are shopping at aldi and jett needs nappies we get them, but for newborns we always get either huggies or the coles brand...

sorry if that makes no sense.. hehe

love the aldi ones over any else, regardless of price....
    if i were you i would maybe try when bubs is a bit bigger... at the moment my girl is around 10kg and we are using the toddler ones and they are great... i found that when dd was smaller it was harder to find the right nappy, but once she got bigger and more mobile somehow it changed... could be just me though. i only used huggies once and she got nappy rash... horses for courses and just a matter of trial and error..... i would spew if i had to shell out big bucks for nappies though!!

DoubleK Guest

thats a good idea Emma, i loved huggies newborns, but i dont like to use them now. and also, as they get bigger, and dont have runny poo anymore, there isnt likely to be any leakage, so some nappies might suit bigger bubs better!

Yes I love the Aldi ones too. They are a bit looser than Huggies but they are also wider. I've only tried Huggies which are fine but expensive and Coles ultra dry which stank of wee!

We find the mamia ones really good. yet because the sizing is different to huggies we have to use huggies while inbetween sizes. we don't get nappy rash, but that's because I don't use wipes.

I think the type of nappy to use depends on your babies bum and leg shape. Find the one that works best for you 'cause it's not cheaper if you end up chucking them all.

I have heard better things about boys with Aldi napies than girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast