Thread: Baby Chiropractor near Lilydale

Default Baby Chiropractor near Lilydale

My 9 week old has been having some reflux and a clicky shoulder and back and I would really like to have him checked out by a chiropractor. I know that they can do amazing things for babies.

Can anyone recommend a good chiro in the Lilydale/outer east melbourne area? I've found one who is highly recommended in Ivanhoe, but was hoping for someone a little closer to home as driving with him at the moment is a nightmare - HATES the car.

thanks heaps!

Yes I can! The one in Ivanhoe also has a practice in Boronia. I go there frequently and SWEAR by them! I see Dr Paul Chamberlain and think he is absolutely wonderful. So supportive and helpful, he'll even give you his mobile number so you can call him at any time for help. Also Dr Adam Stewart there is wonderful.

You can find them in the White Pages under "Chiropractic Children's Healthcare". It will give you the Ivanhoe number, but you can ring them and ask to book in at Boronia. Feel free to PM me if you want the details.

I went to Braden Keil in Ivanhoe (same practice you're both already talking about) and he was fantastic. Go see them in Boronia.

Wow! That was quick Trish... thanks so much. I'll have to call and see if I can book in. It was Dr Chamberlain that I had heard good things about. My DH says that taking Jack to the chiro might help him calm down in the car a little. Reckons the posture of the car seat might be upsetting existing spinal problems from birth.
    I don't suppose you know how much he charges?

I saw Braden for DS#1 and he was wonderful too, I just love how gentle and supportive Paul is

My DS#1 hated the car too, turns out he had a dislocated right shoulder from birth .

Paul charges $50 per consultation, but the first session is around $110 because it goes for 40 minutes (you will need to get them to confirm the first consult price, I'm going by a fuzzy memory!). If you have private health you can claim on it.

HTH

Thanks for getting back to me girls!

Trish - you have freaked me out! Now I'm scared that my poor little one has been suffering and I have done nothing!

I'll give them a call and see if I can get an appointment for next week. Thanks again!

we saw braden as well, highly recommend him!

Whoops! Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out! DS#1 also hated the pram and would only sleep during the day if I held him. I didn't take him to the chiro until he was 10 weeks old because I didn't know about them until a friend recommended it to me. It was well worth going. I took my DS#2 there when he was 6 weeks old just to be on the safe side.

Best of luck, let us know how you go!

Don't worry Trish... I was already a little freaked out! DH is a massage therapist and has done some work on Jack so I know that he can't have a severe miss-alignment. He also hates the pram and only gets to sleep on the boob while I'm holding him. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Did your DS improve in the car and pram after chiro?

Eventually, but it wasn't a miracle cure in that regard. We think it was because he had an association with pain with them even after he was "fixed", he gradually stopped hating them over time. He was much improved in the sleep stakes and general happiness though.

I wish my DH was a massage therapist LOL!

It's good to know he got over it eventually. Hopefully Jack will improve soon... I think he will prefer to face forward, but that is a while off.

I've made an appointment with Dr Chamberlain in 10 days time, so hopefully his reflux and sleeping will get better from then on.

Not sure if you have found someone, but i took DD too a dr toy in healsville, she is or was very good.