Thread: baby with a cold

Default baby with a cold

My 18 week old DD has had a runny nose for a couple weeks but hasn't affected her at all, but just over the weekend her runny nose has got worse and she has a cough and isn't sleeping well because she likes to sleep with her dummy in but cant breathe properly. She spits her dummy out to breathe then cries because she wants her dummy put back in. i had to get up 7 times last night to put her dummy back in.

I'm not one of these mothers who takes their child to the doctor for silly things but i was wondering what i can give her to help her sleep.

I have put Vicks on a tissue and hung it above her head so she can smell it, been giving her Otrivin - baby saline up her nose to break down mucus and sometimes panadol if she cant sleep.

Is there anything else people can suggest. I am heading down to the chemist later to see them but i thought i would try the forum as mothers know best!

Little Fess nasal thing. It sucks the snot out and it works wonders. Ashton would NOT feed and was horrid until I got it.
    Are you feeding her? If you are lots of short feeds help too.

Thanks i will ask about it today. She is bottle fed but doesnt seem to be off her milk. your advice is appreciated.

grab a vapouriser for her room. works wonders in helping them breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    grab a vapouriser for her room. works wonders in helping them breathe.
    What she said!