Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Hammocks

Margot_In_Oz Guest

Hi Sarah,

Did you get a response back from Amby re the cover? I was really keen to buy the hammock but am now a little hesitant, if there are problems with metal shavings etc - even with a spring cover.

Also, I have a bad back - do you think I will have problems with the low height and better off with a cot? I just really wanted something that promoted good sleep, as I work from home.

Thanks
    Margot.

Sorry Margot, I only just noticed your post now. We got the cover & everything seems to be ok, but Aaron also put electrical tape over the flakey part before we got the cover anyway. As for the back issue, I'm not sure because as far as I know noone else has had the problem! With the promotin sleep it hasn't really for Zander I think he'll just be a bad sleeper like his daddy is!

I think now, not quite three months after getting the hammock it has to be retired Zander has woken every hour for the last 2 nights & it seems to me that it's cos he's having trouble moving. Aaron put him in the cot at 6am and he slept until just before 10am so I think he might be in there from now on.

jojozep Guest

Default Hammock or Cot ??

Wondering if anyone out there sleeps their bub in a hammock??
    I am due for number three, and have recently found out about the Amby Baby Hammock. Wondering if anyone out there has ever tried one or has any opinions on them??

We loooved our hammock We got it when Zander was about 1.5months old after having all sorts of problems getting him to sleep (he has reflux & couldn't lay flat). It was great until he started rolling as he would wake up hourly when he wanted to move.

We definately would get a hammock if we have a second time round

jojozep Guest

Thanks for replying, glad to hear you loved your hammock, just one question though, do you know if you can use a breathing monitor with them?? we have an angelcare monitor that has a pad that lies under a cot mattress and would really like to use it again

Nope it wouldn't work. There isn't anything flat for them to sit on.

jojozep,

I missed this post earlier, but if you have any other questions about the hammock, please feel free to ask away......my daughter was in the Amby Hammock from birth till she was 11 months, and my son has been in it from birth is still in his at 5 months.

I cannot recommend them enough....they have been simply brilliant for my babies.....

Yasin slept in his hammock until he was about 10 months old. I didn't get it until he was about 2 months old and once we had it I wished that I had it right from the start. It fits into a big bag and its easy to assemble so you can travel with it which means that bubs is in a familiar bed when you go away. Because its smaller than a cot we could fit it into our room so he could sleep beside us for much longer than he could have if he was in a cot - this was great for night time feeds and also I felt much more relaxed having him within arms reach at night. I can't imagine using anything else for our next baby.

We have both, MIL bought us a hammock after we used on at the hospital when Milo was born.

Its particularly good if he is/has been a bit unsettled or overtired, as I've found he's less likely to wake early (after 1 sleep cycle).

Sal Guest

Default Q for hammock mums

Hi there, we are using a hammock for our bub, who is 3mo. My question is: am I the only one disturbed by how curvy the mattress becomes? And also, has anyone else found that their baby's ear gets folded forward due to the curvy mattress around their head? I am worried that bub's ear is going to stick out permanently given how much time he spends with it folded forward in the hammock. Also, how long is realistic to keep bubs in a hammock for? My bub is quite big (90th percentile) so he's already filling it quite nicely, although there is a fair bit of length room left.

Your thoughts appreciated!

Hi Sal, Dh was worried about the ear thing but Yasin's ears don't stick out a great deal now so I don't think its made a differance to them.
    I never really stopped to think about the curvey mattress - it did curve but I assumed that it was just moulding to his shape - Yasin has lovely straight posture so it certainly hasn't done any damage to his back.

Yasin stayed in his hammock until about 10 months when he started wanting to sleep on his side.

Sal Guest

Thanks, Dach! That's made me feel a lot better about it.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Talking Hammock Recommendation

HI all,
    I just wanted to let you all know that I put my baby girl in a Hammock for the first time yesterday and she was alseep within minutes.. She is NOT a good sleeper and loves a good cry, but so far she has sleep so much in her hammock I have to wake her for feeds!!! It is AMAZING... I HIGHLY recommend it for any bubba who likes to be carried / rocked to sleep.

The brand is Natures Sway, I'm not sure how much it cost as I have borrowed it from a friend, but however much they paid it was worth every cent.. Sanity here I come.

We use an amby hammock for all Imran's day sleeps - its fantastic. I'm thinking of starting to use it at night too.

We have bought an Amby hammock for this baby as well. I can't wait to use it!

Amby hammock fan here as well They are great!

HUGE hammock fan here.......I have just bought a fresh mattress for ours (Olivia and Charlie are both hammock babies!) and so B3 will definately be in a hammock for as long as possible..........

CeeCee....SO glad you are having sucess with it!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast