Thread: baby proofing

Question baby proofing

So this crawling and standing business is quite exciting... BUT he has bumped his head, landed face first on a tiled floor, crashed into things, pulled things onto himself... and the list goes on.

ATM he has a large blue bruise on his forehead for bumping into the kitchen table. He also has a cut on his finger from putting his hand through the cat flap and pulling back through, getting it stuck. 2 weeks ago after newly learning to crawl he lost balance on a tiled floor and face planted it he cried for so long i was waiting for the blood to appear from his nose

I have tried to baby proof everything but i am just short of wrapping him in bubblewrap! I'm don't want to let him down anymore!!!

Just needed to get it out... lol. Everything thats dangerous is out of reach/packed away. but how do protect bubs from himself?????

Awwww poor lil fella. It's so hard isn't it- I was thinking the same thing the other day and DH and I came up with...nothing There really isn't that much you can do other than remove dangerous items out of reach but as far as the falls, bumps etc go I think we have to get used to them. Iz was crawling the other day and got her finger stuck in the metal heater vent - I rushed over quickly as I could but its something we didn't even think of. Hopefully they will get a bit more co-ordinated soon!

Hopefully won't be long for that then! Hmmm need some *co-ordination vibes* hehe

Brendan always sticking his hands places and trying to get behind the lounges ect... why do they do that??? why not stay in the middle of the loungeroom with all the expensive wonderful toys?? lol no they gotta go for the rotten dog chew or piece of fluff!!

Oh hope it goes well for you, Jensen's new thing is to try and catch the blades of the fan on the floor.

Lexie is the same, if it is any consolation.

She is standing and tottering, and being the third, tends to have no fear.

Plus this house is a new house to the one that I learned all the "baby danger spots" to the one Olivia and Charlie did all their toddling in, so there are new hazards being discovered all the time..........argggghh!

If you have already baby proofed, I am not sure if you can do much else apart from keep a vigilant eye and provide huge cuddles when the tumples happen.........

"expensive toys" I don't know why I spent any $$$ at all on my DS. If he plays with the television one more time, ahhhhh. You just have to watch, there will be bruises, tumbles etc & lots of cuddles. Charlie had a whopper at the play cafe the other day & has already split his lip & that was only a day or 2 after starting to crawl.
    I have packed away all dangerous stuff etc, but haven't gone too nuts. I think they also need to learn "no", especially when you go to someone elses house as they are not always babyproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendansmum View Post
    Brendan always sticking his hands places and trying to get behind the lounges ect... why do they do that??? why not stay in the middle of the loungeroom with all the expensive wonderful toys?? lol no they gotta go for the rotten dog chew or piece of fluff!!
    Diana is the same - ignores her lovely bright colourful toys and goes for the broom, the rubbish bin, the recycling bin. Ewww. This morning she was sitting on my lap and managed to squirm into such a position that when she overbalanced I couldn't catch her, and the poor little girl fell on the floor. So, yes, I don't think that there is anything much that we can in regards to the bumps, bruises and scratches. Just give lots of cuddles afterwards. (I know that babies are quite resilient by nature, but it is still so horrible to watch them fall and hurt themselves and not be bale to do anything to prevent it.)

Iz is the same too - her latest trick is trying to gather up as much loose cat hair as she can find and then eat it. Lovely. Nothing I like more than vacuuming every single morning! She keeps trying to crawl up the backs of the sofas too (when she's sitting on the seat) and I just know that one of these days either DH or I are going to be too slow and she's going to topple over the back. I'm considering having her fitted with a ball and chain!!

I just can't bear it He was standing today (been standing for 4 days, WOOHOO!) and he just fell backwards. There was a huge bang I rang in and he got an instant lump and you can see the blood pooling at the back of his head (sorta like a love bite) and his two bottom teeth sut through his top gum/lip. I feel so sad I really want to wrap him in bubblewrap!!!! hehe

Brendan is good he has learnt "no"... he's almost got the idea that the cat flap is a no go.