Thread: Baby Talcum, Baby Oil, Baby Lotion

Default Baby Talcum, Baby Oil, Baby Lotion

Hi all,
    I was wondering if it's ok to use baby talc, oil or lotion onto bub. I know to avoid the nappy area. If you can use them, how often can you use them? and how old does bub need to be?
    Thanks!

The best thing for bub's skin plain old olive oil!! Use a little in the bath, and use it as a lotion too!! Its ph is perfect, and there is no additives, dyes or perfumes. Its just right!!

if u are going to use powder avoid talc, which has caused all sorts of probs (esp for girls) - google it for more info. YOu can get cornflour based pwders that are better. My MCHN recommended actual cornflour (we needed to use powder on Noah;s neck as he kept getting a fungal infection in all the rolls from moisture). Between that and olive oil on his change table I am sure to some people it looked like i was going to baste and eat him LOL! then again he is SO delicious maybe I should!!!!

I was given so much talc, oil and lotion and all I ended up using was an organic natural bath wash from Aromababy. Now I use Huggies Shea butter bath wash, and on her bot for nappy rash I still use the Aromababy Barrier Balm, it smells divine, is all natural and has no nasty petrochemicals in it and she has never had a day of nappy rash since she was born.
    ETA - Forgot to add that the powder came in handy when I was pg in the heat of summer and had chafing on my inner thighs at the beach

thanks so much girls. I was also told Gaia products are good. I sent a stamped self-addressed envelope to them to get free samples!

I use the Gaia products and absolutely love them!They are all natural and very nice to use on Jasper's sometimes dry skin. They also smell nice and aren't too expensive.

we too use gaia products, there awesome!!!

I "third" the olive oil. That's pretty much all I've used on my DS. He had eczema (touch wood - he hasn't had it in a while!) and that was the only thing that helped (and didn't worsen) his skin. LOL Pregpan on the whole "basting" thing - I know just how you feel!

Now we've progressed onto the Gaia products too which are just devine - natural, smell lovely and are also great on his skin.