Thread: Energizer Baby

Default Energizer Baby

DD is nearly 7 months and is not a good sleeper. Today she slept maybe 15 mins total during the day! Is this normal? She sleeps okay at night (wakes for about 1 - 2 feeds, occasionally sleeping through). She is breastfed, and has recently started on solids. ATM she gets 1 - 2 servings of fruit and/or vegetables a day. She is a good eater. She is a very alert, settled and happy girl, so should I be worried about her lack of sleep? Does anyone else have a bub that does this?

sounds like she definatly needs more sleep, often they are wired due to been overtired, what time does she go to bed/get up???

She goes to be bed around 8:30pm and wakes up about 8-8:30am. This morning she woke up at about 6:00am, but then had a nap from 9:30-10:30...

Its hard to say, Zofia... All babes are different. At 7 months, Natty was having two or three sleeps a day of anywhere between 40 mins and 2 hours in length. She wasn't a good night sleeper at that stage though, often waking more than 3 times a night.
    It is tricky, given that Diana is so alert and happy - it'd be easy to know she wasn't getting enough if she was obviously tired, KWIM?
    Is she difficult to settle? Does she get hyper? Those can be indications of overtiredness.
    OMG, Natty was definitely one who needed more sleep. If she'd onld had 15 mins in a day (even now!) she'd be just feral.

That's the thing - she isn't usually difficult to settle, nor does she seem overly hyper... Today she had a couple of half hour or so sleeps and I've just put her to bed, so hopefully this will become more of a regular thing.

I guess you just go ahead and do what works for you both! Sounds like she is absolutely delightful and I would think you'd only need to worry about something if you were unhappy about it. Good on you

Yes, she is delightful. And she has been sleeping a lot better the past few days. Hopefully the no nap thing was just a phase.

Oh, isn't it confusing the way they chop and change all the time?!
    I found (find!) it so difficult to predict what her sleeping patterns would be on any given day... Yep, hopefully its a phase and you can have a little 'you' time through the day again