Thread: Fingernail frenzy

? have to consult the road map on my stomach...

Question Fingernail frenzy

This may be a completely stupid question... Does anyone have any suggestions for cutting baby's nails? DS is 7 weeks od and his nails really scratch when I'm feeding not to mention when his hands are near his own face! When he was really really new his nails just peeled away all by themselves, but not anymore. Have bought the little clipper set but haven't managed to trim them with any success - he wriggles so much. Any suggestions?

Enchanted Guest

I try and cut Oscars nails when he is asleep... maybe give that a try!

i hava a wriggly little Lewis too!, yeah like oshani said, i do them when he's having a cat nap on me on the couch. after a bath is good cos they're all soft.

Definitely when they're asleep! They don't know what's going on so it's all clipped off in like, 2 minutes!

You could try biting them when he is sleepy, but personally I prefer clippers.
    My DD is very wriggly too, but I find if I just hold her hand firmly I can clip away no worries. She doesn't like it much, but it is over pretty quickly.

are you breastfeeding? when i forgot to cut his nails while sleeping, i would do it while bf - one hand at a time
    they grow so fast though, i need to do it every week and he had long finger nails since the day he was born LOL

? have to consult the road map on my stomach...

Thanks guys. Still haven't got the hang of breastfeeding well enough to try cutting his nails at the same time, but will try and get to them while he's asleep.

That's another suggestion for trimming nails when breastfeeding from me. My Oscar hated having his nails trimmed when he wasn't distracted, but now I do it when feeding he couldn't care less. I do his right hand when he's on my right breast and the left hand when he's on my left breast. Works a charm.