Thread: he just won't eat. please help me

Default he just won't eat. please help me

Hi my 13month old son Jakson has gone from eating heaps of anything 3meals a day to nothing at all. He will not have a bare of anything home cooked or tinned food. All he will eat is finger food at a push. He is not unwell and this has been going on for about 3 weeks.
    Please help us. I am going mad every meal time. I don't know what else to do.
    Any suggestions for healthy finger food for lunch and dinner?

Oh darl that must be so frustrating!
    I don't have any advice for you, just a hug
    I know there are a couple of other threads about finger foods for toddlers - I'll have a look for you. Hang in there!

Evie is 16 months and is EXACTLY the same. the only thing she that she will only eat tinned food and even then it's like 2 teaspoons and thats it.
    Let me know if you find anything useful, good luck!

Does he usually feed himself? Maybe he is wanting to and thats why he only wants finger food?

Hi thanks for the replies.
    He normally feeds himself toast and biscuits and fruit, but have never fed himself dinner and lunch as such.

M 14 month old (nearly 15) is going through the same thing. However, he will eat all his breakfast (Weetbix) and his dinner (mashed vegies) but is usually pretty hit and miss with his lunch and snacks - and he used to be such a great eater!!!!
    I was cutting his sandwiches up in little squares for him to feed himself, and now he's gone off them - BUT he will eat the crusts that I cut off the bread first I try a few things every day, but the most consistent is yoghurt.. and cheese that I cut up into sticks - he loves those. Sometimes he'll eat grapes, sometimes banana, sometimes watermelon.. bit of hit and miss and a fair bit of food gets thrown away.
    I'm figuring (and hoping... ) that its just another phase he is going through...

My son was like this at that age and at times still gets like it now, I took him to the dr as i was very worried, but aslong as they are still drinking plenty of fluids (mainly milk) and not losing weight then he will be fine. I know how worrying it can get, but its just a phase he will go through

My son is nearly 18mths but between 13mths and 16mths he would hardly eat anything and i was so scared he was gonna starve himself. But now he is back to eating everything again. I think it is just a stage they go though. Doesn't stop us worrying though!