Thread: Help, I'm so tired need suggestions

Default Help, I'm so tired need suggestions

Hi,

DD is almost 5 months old, a really lever little girl that was sleeping 6 hours plus after about 1 month old, and gradually increased this. At about 4 months old this stoped, and she started waking during the night, ok I thought, just a growth spurt let her feed, offer more feeds during the day ride it out and we will be back to sleeping all night.
    Ahh no.

Now the most frustrating thing is that her brother did the same thing at 4 months, different time of year, different environment different bed even common denominator us!

DS now 3 still isn't the greatest sleeper, with a miriade of things between 4 months and 3 years effecting his sleep keeps telling us that daddy woke him up snoring, hmm now yes know how that feels, but then I sleep beside daddy not 10 metres+ and several walls away, but knowing I would like some sleep too got some breath right things for dh which have reduced snoring and are making him feel more re-freshed.

but alas baby still not sleeping well and toddler still wakes at least once a night 50% of the time.

Determined not to have another poor sleeper I am willing to try lots of things. I have been vigilent on putting dd to bed following her tired signals, and it does sometimes work. Yet last night I think she woke hourly.

She prefers to feed at night to during the day and I can't seem to turn her around. I have tried to fill her up in the evenings with demand feeding, and have even resorted to feeding her ebm thikened with rice cereal hoping it will get her through the night (this worked for about 3 days) She has even started rejecting day time sleeps no matter how vigilant I am at putting her to bed when she's tired I fet an hour max out of her.

Help me with ideas so I don't end up with 2 bad sleepers. I need her to start sleeping so i can move her to her cot in her room, because I cannot risk her waking the todler when she cries

, Ruby is the same age as my DS he was born on the 3/4 I have no answers for you we were lucky in the fact that we started using Tizzie Halls save our sleep routines when Nath was 8 weeks since then he has been sleeping through the night from 7pm - 7am. I know it has been very much debated here lots of people hate this particular book but it worked wonders for us.
    you can find something that works for you soon

Hi Bec!
    Remember me from baby buddies?!
    Can't offer any advice at all, but just letting you know that we are going through exactly the same thing here with our 7 month old DS - waking every 25 minutes at the start of the night, and then if we are lucky we get a 3 hour sleep at around midnight before the boobfest begins again. Am joining you in tiredness Its so hard to get a baby to sleep during the day when you have a toddler running around too, do you find that? Our DS is too distracted by things to feed during the day, and I can't lock myself away in a darkened room to encourage day feeds because Milla will barge in and want to chat, poor girl. So yeah, he feeds all night and is awake most of the day too.
    Good luck, and take care of yourself. I know how hard it is

I just wanted to let you know that 4 months is a very common age for sleep regression. Google "4 month sleep regression" to see you're not alone! I went through it with all three of mine too. DS1 and DD got over it pretty quickly, DS2 took a bit longer. It will get better eventually .

My little one is a shocker at the moment too but am just riding along with the wave and seeing how we go. I don't want to impose any strict regime that might affect her down the line.

Hugs
    Sue xxx

Thanks ladies, sometimes all you need is some empathy.

I'm really focused on this bub sleeping well 'cause DS never got fixed, he still doesn't sleep well.

I was extra vigelent on the naps yesterday and she had a kip in the evening and then decided at about 8.30 it was time to get up again, so she did and had a feed and play, went back to bed with a little bit of fuss but not too bad maybe around 10ish, not sure whatever time dirty dancing started and then slept till 5am! she stired once or twice (DH was up late working till 1am) but I am very happy with that. Fed her at 5 and here is the wow bit, went back to bed, no fuss and she then proceeded to sleep through the noise of us all getting up, breakfast showers etc, even a visit from a cousin (2yo) and woke at 10.15!

Hi Campari, I do remember you, but terrible at keeping up with posting. Toddler does make it harder, but he's pretty good, the hardest part is me trying to get her to sleep during the day and watch ds like a hawk to make sure he uses the potty
    So I am much more re-freshed today.