Thread: How can I wash her hair??????

Default How can I wash her hair??????

Beth WON'T let us wash her hair - well I can wash it but I can't rinse the suds out. She will not have water on her head. She used to lie back in the bath to wash it out but then got water in her eyes/nose a few times and won't do it now.

She really screams about it and if she even thinks you are going to tip water over her (even though I do it very gently with a hose attachment) she jumps straight out and streaks down the hallway. Sometimes I can convince her to have a washer over her eyes etc but the last few weeks its getting silly and there is only so much I can do with a facewasher

When I was little we had these foam 'hatless rims' that would fit closely around our head and the brim was wide so no water got in, and mum could wash and rinse our hair with no problem. Are these still around?

My parents have one that we used as kids if you get desperate Lu. How about those jugs with the rubber side, that forms a watertight rim against their forehead? I've seen them in BigW - do you know what I'm talking about?

Lulu- they are still around! My mum bought me one a few months ago from a chemist on the gold coast for DD when she is a bit older. I hope you can find one otherwise I will ask my mum if the chemist she bought it at still has them and Ill get one for you

Spotlight sell them Lu

sorry I am no help just wanted to say....

Welcome to my world

just wait until the little dear gets nits then not only will she not want you to wash her hair it becomes a 2 man job just to hold down the little sweet heart to get the little buggers out....

DS is exactly the same, he's not at the point of jumping out of the bath though - so we just deal with the screams.

I saw the hat things at Target but DH wouldn't let me get one - said we didn't need it.

Needless to say - he gets to wash DS in the shower now and put up with his screams.

You don't let me buy - me turn MEAN..

My DDs were like tis until they were about 3 or 4. It was a nightmare 2 person job which I put off as much as possible! In the end we just poured water over their heads really quickly or got them in the shower. I found the hose thngs worked well too.
    You have my full sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    My parents have one that we used as kids if you get desperate Lu. How about those jugs with the rubber side, that forms a watertight rim against their forehead? I've seen them in BigW - do you know what I'm talking about?
    We have one of those jugs and it works wonders. DD hates getting water on her face but she lets us use this and no water gets past the rubber side. Toys R Us sell them too.

Thank you ALL for your help, I'm going to Spotlight AND Toys r us for both options.....

and TALI - she bloody DOES have nits, thanks to DD16 who got them in a MOSH PIT. Grrrrrrrr
    She is ok for the haircombing though, I have a tiny pump bottle of conditioner that I give to her and she gets absorbed in putting it in her hair and watching telly whilst I do it. Thank goodness!

hey girls
    a friend of mine had the same trouble so her hubby invented a device that keeps the water out of kids eyes and ears
    It was on the New inventors in feb- and is for sale
    it is called drieyes- it is awesome
    its a device that the kids hold up to their scalp so the water cant go where it isnt suppose to
    new product that is locally made and invented!!!
    they have a website - so jump on and have a look!

mwah

Hey Det - I saw that! Woo hoo at getting on the show!

Lulu - DS is a bit the same but has been getting a lot better. We go slowly slowly and get a bit more thorough as we go. Swimming lessons has helped too. We dont have nits though and still dont really use shampoo as Iggy has sensitive skin. My technique with him is to tell him that I will use the wet facewasher three times on his head. Then I count them out and scrub his head a bit with the washer. Then he immediately gets to wipe his face with the towel. He doesnt really mind too anymore but used to put up such a huge fuss.

Good luck finding one of the hats.

smiles4u Guest

Yeh me too Mel saw those jugs in Target DP thought nah wasting money there BUT i think the jug is a super idea (green i think they are ... about $12 or $17 ??) Our DD is not too bad for now with washing hair (fingers crossed)