Thread: how did you dress your baby last night?

Default how did you dress your baby last night?

i would really love to know what you dressed your baby in last night??
    we live in melbourne and DS is in a grobag but we are having trouble deciding what to dress him in underneath, i try following the recommended guidelines but the room always gets colder during the night.. what do you do?
    last night the room started at 21 degrees but then dropped down to about 18.
    he was wearing a cotton long sleeve bodysuit and a cotton long sleeve pj top in a 2.5 tog grobag. but still felt kinda cool in the morning, not cold and still had a warm tummy.
    what do you think?
    please help!
    thanks in advance x

I think that sounds fine .

My DS2 is nearly 17 months old and last night I dressed him in a light long sleeve/long leg suit and a sleeveless summer-weight sleeping bag. He was just fine.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

currently using our 1 tog grobags or dreambags.

Last night he had short sleeved top and shorts pjs on.

If cooler he has a wondersuit on.

Last night I dressed DD (9 and a half months) in a light cotton long sleeve/long leg suit with a light blanket.

I dressed LO in a long sleeve one piece (no legs) and put him in a fleecy sleeveless sleep bag. He seemed fine.

Daintree Dream- how does your LO go with the blanket? My LO (same age-ish) is all over the cot and I don't think a blanket would go well. Do you tuck it in, or what?

I dressed DS in a nappy, singlet and Wonder Suit. We live in the tropics so he was also in the aircon. He is dressed like that most nights and sleeps really well.

hmmm I am dumb today...
    Last edited by Visitor8; March 23rd, 2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: aparently I am blind...

We're also in Melbourne...

I dressed DD in a shortsleeve bodysuit and a cotton wrap. I pulled up the blanket on her after the 3am feed.

I bought a 2.5 tog grobag to last for the next 3 months, but am swapping it for a 1 tog because I worry about overheating bub. The advice I have received is that its better to underheat than overheat bub.

Remember the extremeties will mostly feel cold, but if his tummy is warm then I think its fine.

Tyler was in a 2.5 grobag with a long sleeved pj top and singlet, and a nappy. We're in Melbourne too.

singlet and nappy here.. it was muggy here and DD co-sleeps so gets pretty toasty. Oh she had a blanket on

Ok third time lucky? So sick of retyping this lol

Ash sleeps in a singlet and wollies over his cloth bum. He sleeps with me though so gets a bit hot if I have him in anything else. He sweats a lot if he is in anything else.
    Your bub sounds fine. I am sure he will tell you if he is cold.

My DD had on tshirt and shorts and a light blanket. It was quite muggy here

Ari had a short sleeved PJ tp and her shorties (woolies) with aircon on - NQ here, still waiting for the cooler weather.

When we lived in a slightly cooler climate I would layer so singlet, wondersuit, socks and mittens and then if it was really cold another polar fleece or sleeping bag over the top. Have you tried those grobags that apparently have a set temp range and don't allow bu b to overheat of something??? I remember reading the tag but pretty useless up here where it rarely drops below 20 degrees :-\

I'm in Geelong and we had the same temp last night as you...i had Ds in a cotton long sleeve long legd cotton suit in a BEBE sleeping bag.....BUT I did have a pedestal fan on his room on low....just to take the humidity away from the room...Because the day was quite warm his room had heated up.

If your not sure bout the weather dress bubs in cooler clothes because if your bubs is too cold they will let you know..(crying, stiring,etc...) If they overheat that will become dangerous!!!

It was a bit of a weird night temperature wise!!! It is starting to get colder at night about 2am tho!

in sydney here..and Jack was in a Bonds 'stretchie" suit last night singlet underneath and was in his wrap...

thank you for all your posts! very interesting!
    i guess i just have to listen to DS and he'll let me know, i just find i hard now that its starting to get so cold during the night...