Thread: I didn't check and DD's car seat wasn't anchored in

Default I didn't check and DD's car seat wasn't anchored in

I felt sick in the stomach when I realized, I'd drived with DD to do some shopping yesterday then this morning when taking the kids to school I realized her car seat wasn't anchored in and the belt around the seat wasn't clicked in either. I'd taken the seat out a few days ago to clean the car and DH had put her seat back in for me but didn't hook up the anchor. She was buckeled into her seat but the seat was just sitting there not buckled up. Thank goodness nothing happened, just pays to check and double check.

Regards,
    Dianne

hun.. good thing you noticed now... it's easy to forget sometimes when someone else has put it in and you just assume it's all done...

slyder Guest

No one is perfect Dianne. You've noticed now, and it would be an easy mistake to make so don't beat yourself up about it.

I've done that before too

I drove up the freeway to my parents the other day, picked up my mum then we went to the shops where my mum found that DD only had one strap plugged in The second buckle mustn't have clicked in properly and she'd managed to wriggle her arm out while I was driving. Scared the hell out of me but hey, no harm done and I ALWAYS double check it now.

You're not alone hon

Thanks for your replies, it was definately a lesson learnt.

Regards,
    Dianne

Oh Dianne that reminds me of when my eldest DD was in a booster seat. She managed to open the car door when we were going around a round a bout :O I couldn't pull over fast enough. I always made sure after that that the child proof lock was on. OMG gave me such a scare.

Don't beat yourself up, hun Happens to the best of us!! I have had to make a habit of checking the DDs' car seats EVERY time we get in the car now, as DD1 can reach down between them and press the button releasing the seatbelt that holds their carseats in place. I learned my lesson one day when I went around a roundabout and poor DD2 ended up face-down on the back seat, her carseat strapped to her like she was a turtle. I nearly died, I swear, I panicked sooo bad. DD1 still unbuckles the seatbelts despite being told how important it is that she leave them alone, so now it's just one of those things, like checking that the car's in 'P' before turning the key in the ignition, kwim??
    Hope you're okay Dianne, please don't feel bad about it! A very simple mistake to make, I'm sure most of us have done it at some stage, and at least you discovered it now and not when something bad happened. *hugs*

Huge 's to you. That would have been so scary. Thank goodness nothing happened.
    I agree with the PP's too. Try not to beat yourself up about it. A very easy mistake to make.
    (I will be checking each time now too)