Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I feel like i have tried everything.. nothing is helping :(

rayray - nah no friends or family nearby, except Jess now

Hollye I suppose up until now, a part of you could think "well, she's probably just a really chucky baby and it will pass". But now that the hospital is concerned, it must suddenly feel very serious. I would be scared too. (i mean, today we had peter in for 5 hours of family day care- DH had to call after 1.5 hours to make sure he was ok! Can't imagine what hospital would be like!). What you're feeling sounds completely normal.

I guess the one thing that would comfort me is the feeling that I was no longer alone. You know those times when you really feel something is wrong with your child and you don't know what to do or who to ask, and you feel like no-one is taking you seriously? I'm sure you've been through those with Mia and her vomiting. That's a horrible feeling. At least now help is on the way. She will be in great hands.

I know its worrying that the hospital is so concerned, but I'm sure if they thought she was in any imminent danger, they would have told you to come straight away, not even wait until next week.

You're doing a great job. I hope you get some sleep tonight!

At the end of the day hun, someone is taking it as seriously as you are. It's a step to resolving this - she won't be on her own, mummy will be there and thats all that matters.

xoxoxoxoxo

I hope you get some answers at RCH tomorrow Hollye, I know you are worried but you are now getting closer to finding out what is wrong with Mia. If she does stay overnight then I am sure they will let you stay with her. We will all be thinking of you and Mia tomorrow.

thanks again girls. Its good to come in here and talk to you girls. I feel like people IRL are looking at me like "whats wrong with her" and im always getting asked "why does she keep spewing?". It really gets me down. I got so over being asked it i told them "oh shes belemic (sp)" it shuts them up lol. I just bathed her and got her all nice and clean and layed a blanket down for her to play on the floor and she threw up her entire dinner (sweet potatoe and chicken) all over herself and me. If only she did it 10 mins before!!! its always the way tho isnt it.. lol

I have no idea if this is what the issue might be, but I was a "chucky" baby for the first 6 months of my life. My Mum said that everyone in our house smelt like spew and she cringed whenever someone asked to hold me, because I'd vomit all over them without fail. Apparently the problem was, that little flap in the throat that stops your food coming back up hadn't developed properly and it wasn't until I could sit up on my own and the little flap grew that the vomiting stopped.

Like I said, I have no idea if this is what's causing your DD's issue, but it might be worth asking the doctor perhaps?

thanks celsie - im sure that will be something they look for at the Royal Childrens Hospital tomorrow.

goodluck tomorrow holly!!

Hollye and Mia ... Good luck for tomoz... I'm sure things will be all ok and you'll get the answeres u need... I kknow its scary but just imagine how good it will be when she is all fixed up.

thanks girls. Appointment is at 3:45pm. So we will be leaving here about 11ish (after Mia's bottle) so we will be in melbourne before she needs another one.

Ill let u all know what goes on. Talk soon xoxox

So yesterday at the RCH - they say the top valve in her stomach isnt closing, hence nothing staying down . Option 1 - surgery to do it manually.... NO Option 2 - give her a medication to help the lower valve empty her stomach quicker...did sound good until "oh but it has some creepy side effects such as her eyes might roll into the back of her head"... uh NO Option 3.. Just keep going as we are going, the valve will grow and slowly close as she grows. Sometimes is takes to 6 months n sometimes 2 years.... yep thats a good option!!

So here we are.. same girl, same vommit... but there was no way they were doing them things to her. And hay 2 years of it... really is nothing when i have another 50+ years with her.

At least you know what it is

Have you gone to a homeopath? When Miss M was vomiting, they gave her some drops to help close that valve thing quicker - might work? She stopped vomiting anyway...

I'm so glad to hear how it went! I was thinking of you guys all yesterday.

It sounds like you've made a good decision. There is no way I would do surgery either, and the meds sound a bit frightening. As long as Mia is happy and gaining weight, then its good to know you can continue along as you are. It must be such a relief to know what's going on, and that she will eventually grow out of it. Big hugs!!

Let's pray she grows out of it sooner rather than later!

Oh Glad u found out the issue... At least u have options... if u ever need a shoulder to cry on when ur having a bad day u know where i am... I fully understand... he did grow out of the reflux. It should be the same once she is more upright.

well on all other fronts they were REALLY happy with her. She is 7.6 kilos now so over doubled her birth weight which is great. She was so good yesterday, being in the car for so long and being poked and prodded. really.. i have a great kid on my hands. Shes just so precious =)

Mel - I have been told about a natropath here (thats the same thing right?). Ill book in and see what they think. Tho she is nearly 6 months already, time has just flown. She will be 2 before i know it.

jess - i added u to my msn =)

Hollye, a naturopath is not the same thing as a homeopath, but both types of care can work together, and some naturopaths are skilled in homeopathy as well. At the very least, the naturopath should know of any homoepaths near you.

Im glad that you have discovered what the issue is, sometimes not knowing is the hardest part. Goodluck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123