Thread: Nappy Rash

Default Nappy Rash

Hi Everyone, Our sixteen month old boy has severe nappy rash on his scrotum and a small spot on his thigh about the size of a 20c piece. It is really raw and weepy. We have tried Curash cream, Curash powder, Bepanthen and loads of nappy free time but it's is still really raw after a week now. Does anyone have a miracle cure?

Moogoo soothing MSN cream is supposed to be wonderful..it's available from most Health Food or Organic shops. They also have a website to checkout.
    The RCH has a fact sheet on Nappy Rash as well, it's available online if you go to their website and type in fact sheet and then select the letter N for nappy rash.
    HTH and your little man's rash heals quickly.

By the sounds of things it could be fungal, I'd probably try an anti-fungal cream and see if that helps clear it up... From what I know you can get them at the chemist. Also, if you use cloth nappies you'll need to treat them because the fungus gets into the nappy and keeps reinfecting. Hope it clears up soon for him hon x

Hi Angie,

Poor little guy! Have you tried hydrozole? It's got a steroid and an antifungal in it. My dr recommended it. Other good one is Lucas Paw Paw ointment..

We're having trouble with what I believe is a thrush nappy rash not going away - it seems to go and then comes back. It's spotty. Anyone had any luck treating that?

Also a big fan of MooGoo products!

I am the nappy rash queen this year.
    I'd start with pap paw (not Lucas - there is one without the petrochemicals in it that's better - orange or black tube from chemist/health food store)
    Then go either the hydrazole or dermaid 0.01%. I use 3 drops of either teatree or lavender oil in the bath too.
    If it doesn't slear in a couple of days though I'd take him to the doctor if it's still weepy. My DS has so far had a cold sore there and now has psorasis.

Zinc & Castor oil cream worked wonderfully for my DS. I'd tried so many different types of creams and this one worked a treat. I still use it on him every now and then and he is 3!

I second Paw Paw ointment. We use the red Lucas's one. Have always found it great with my 2 kids for everything.

Default Nappy Rash

Hi

Our paedeatrician told me his fave was Desatin. We bought a tube after DS had a small rash when I used some disposable wipes on him for the first time.
    I have only had to use it the once in the 14 weeks DS has been here for, and it worked great for us

My DS has a similar looking rash about a month ago, after trying about 5 different things we eventually bought a tube of Daktozin and it cleared up in a few days. It's an anti fungal cream especially for the nappy area. You can get it from the chemist. Once the really raw part cleared up just used Bepanthen for the next few days it everything was fine within a week.

Definitely thrush - just had this ourselves, keeps coming back on a patch on his thigh. Daktozin works wonders!

you poor bugger
    We had it for a while here and nothing worked...I stear clear of anything petrolum based....dont know what that stuff will do to your kids but it wasnt until I made warm salt baths along with moogoo cream afterwards that I saw results within 24 hours.

Hope you find what works for you guys