Thread: Non Vax Kids Not Allowed in school and day care???

Default Non Vax Kids Not Allowed in school and day care???

One of my Mother's Group ladies said kids that aren't vaccinated aren't allowed in day care and school. ( WA )
    Is this true??
    Surely not...

Totally INcorrect.

They will ask for your current immunisation status, you tell them you are a conscientious objector and give them a copy of the same form you gave Centrelink, and they cannot by law, refuse your children access to the service.

Day Care will tell you if there is an outbreak of measles, etc for eg and request you keep your child home til it passes for their own safety.

Tell your friend they don't know what they are talking about
    Last edited by LimeSlice; July 12th, 2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: sp

as far as i know schools and day care centres can no longer discriminate against vaccinated and non vaccinated children

Default Non Vax Kids Not Allowed in school and day care???

My understanding this is true for child care, not sure about 'big' school.
    Also, it affects family benefits (from my understanding of conversations at work).

Interested in other comments/replies you receive.

*Edit* Limeslice, thanks for clarifying. Seems like this is a popular 'myth'.

doesnt affect family benefits in the slightest, so long as u have a conciencious objection form signed by your doctor, like lime and i have said child care centres cannot refuse to care for your child because of their vaccination status

Oh yes - so common! And a very commonly used scare tactic by doctors of all people!
    Drives me batty!

Anyway, the above goes for schools and day care centres...

Thanks so much for clearing this up, I feel like an idiot for even listening to her, and have regretfully allowed my poor DD to be a pincushion because I didn't bother to research it. I'm just glad I've pulled my head out of the clouds before her 12month ones..