Thread: OMG! Ratsak!

Default OMG! Ratsak!

I just busted Jesse playing with it!

Scared the hell outta me!

We got another fridge & put it in the kitchen last night. We've always had a little box of Talon beside the fridge, tucked way up the back.
    I guess it was a bit further forward than usual, coz the little turd managed to get it out & spread it all over the kitchen floor!
    He's been looking & reaching under things lately, but this didn't even cross my mind!

I rang poisons information & they said he'd have to eat half a box for it to hurt him & that it tastes pretty crap, so she doubts he would've had very much if any at all.
    She said just to clean him up & give him a drink.

He's in the shower with Jazz atm & I just wanna cry. I feel so guilty!

O Darlin you poor thing!!

Keep reminding yourself of what the poisons info officer said to you!! He's going to be fine.

I know nothing anyone says is going to make you loose that feeling of guilt.

I'm not saying "Don't worry about it..no big deal!" But..........

As much as we would give anything to protect our babies...no matter how old they get sometimes we are not going to be able to do it. No matter how many locks we lock, clips we clip, no matter how high we put things up, how many doors we close, they will still manage to get through something. And the older they get the more things crop up sometimes before we even consider them a risk. Sometimes I literally think as well as growing a big belly we need to grow eyes in the back of our heads.

And even when you know you've done everything possible there is always the risk of others.....I loved botton mushrooms as a kid.........My cousins fed me a whole crop of toadstools when I was 3 not knowing the difference and as hard as my parents tried to make me bring them back up I was keeping them. And all though some may argue this I'm fine.

It was an accident.........You know this will NEVER happen again.

babe dont feel bad - they have to have so much of it to do them harm.

my dog ate two boxes once - he would eat anything. Still to thsi day have no idea how he got to it (top shelf of cupboard in garage). we had to get his stomach pumped.

Boy how scary for you.

I know guys. Thanks so much. He's just so much more curious than the girls ever were!
    He's always into something trying to hurt himself, or choke, or whatever else he can do to get at me!
    I'm feeling a bit better. I was feeling like crap for a while. He's happily sleeping now

Oh heck!! I'm sure you had a huge scare. If it makes you feel any better ....

I found dd in ds's bath on the table a while back I thought she was outside with DH and I was feeding ds in my room and the babybath was on the table in the kid's room .. still full of water. She undressed, took off her diper, pulled a chair next to the table and got into the bath When we found her she was very proud of herself: "look mommy .. I'm bathing myself" ... with the can of powder Now I throw the bath out asap after taking ds out. THAT is how kids drown under their parent's noses.

But yeah ... we need like a cat's 9 lives

I know how scary that would've been!

I had no washing machine years ago & was 'bathing' my clothes. I ran to the bedroom for a pair of jeans & when I got back DD1 (15 months) was sitting in the bath fully clothed!
    Oh, she also tried to swim in the pond out the back & fell in. I'm glad our pup at the time started yelping hystrically, or I wouldn't have known!

Kids really like to keep us on our toes!