Thread: should i take him to the drs

Default should i take him to the drs

on Sunday night we ended up taking ds to the hospital due to him having a fever that was so high, he was delierious they got his temp under control and he was fine after that.

anyway, last night I noticed he has started to get a rash covering his whole body including his face. It looks like a viral rash.. my question is should I take him to the dr or just ride it out? he is a little bit of a cranky pants but otherwise normal in every other way and he doesn't have a temp.

could it be measles? it looks similar to measles rash, but not as severe.. (he is not immunised against measles)

My dr once told me that kids can get a rash after a viral infection (he has had something similar looking to this rash before)

what should I do?

you could call nurse on call for some advice but use your best judgement it could be viral or an infection having ha a very high temp previously. It might even pay to call your doc and ask for advice before going in, incase you are dealing with an infection, then at least if you go in they can quaratine you to not infect anyone else??

Yep I would take him to the drs as kungfu said. Definitely ring ahead so you can wait in a seperate area because some of those diseases are airborn (eg chickenpox).

thanks ladies.. i will call now, just another question.. we were asleep when he had this spike in temperature on Sunday night and when I went and got him after he woke up screaming i noticed that his arms and legs were jerking for about 3 minutes.. i just read that it could be a sign of a febrile convultion sp? what happens if he had one and we didn't even know?? is it harmful?